Books - What do you recommend? / What are you reading?

How do so many of you manage to have several books on the go at a time :o

I find it hard enough to keep up with one, if it's been a few days since I last read some I have to read back to refresh my memory :rolleyes:

Don't you get confused :P

If i read a few different books, they are all usually totally different types,

Like I might have an autobiography, travel book and comedy book all going at once lol

My fave genre is Travel Comedy (Dave Gorman, Bill Bryson etc.)

Reading the biography of Douglas Bader. Finished Life of Pi recently - very good stuff!

Originally posted by sarah_81

So what books are you all reading at the moment?

I've just started reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Only two chapters into it so I can't really comment yet, but I've heard all good things of it so I have high expectations :P:)

What's everybody reading?

Well I'm reading this post if thats any help? :wink:

Originally posted by sarah_81

I knew it was only a matter of time until some smart ars* :P

*tut* women!

its Newbie Smart Ass actually lol :wink:

H.K.P.

I often like to see what books other people are reading or recomend so i have some ideas on what to buy next. So what are you reading now? What do you recomend?

I think i'm feeling a subconscious urge to leave this city because i'm going through my Mums pile of Bill Bryson books. Currently on "Neither Here Nor There", his travels in Europe. :)

Chris.

Just read

Of Mice and men - Steinbeck, last time I read it was at school.

Great book and an easy read.

At the moment I'm reading War of the Worlds by H.G Wells, and Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire by Steve Perry.

Shadows of the Empire is great, the story of it is set between the end of Empire Strikes Back and the beginning of Return of the Jedi and introduces a couple of new characters such as Prince Xizor and Dash Rendar.

I'm currently reading Hawksmoor which is a VERY odd book - I would also recomend The Illuminatus Trillogy and Quantum Psychology both by Robert Anton Wilson. If you want a nice relaxed undemanding book though you can't beat Wind In The Willows!

Just finished Toast, by Nigel Slater. Very funny book. Must have been good, I finished it inside 2 days.

Originally posted by Chris_Sleeps

I often like to see what books other people are reading or recomend so i have some ideas on what to buy next. So what are you reading now? What do you recomend?

I think i'm feeling a subconscious urge to leave this city because i'm going through my Mums pile of Bill Bryson books. Currently on "Neither Here Nor There", his travels in Europe. :)

Chris.

Yes, I have read most of BB's stuff. Lovely reading. At the moment I am reading a book called 'How to write Humour' by Ken Pearson for about the fifth time.