St. Mary's primary School, South Road, Walkley.

Anyone out there who went to St. Mary's at Walkley circa early to mid 70's? I remeber certain names like Terry Crookes, John Webster, Michael Dinegan, Theresa Buckmaster.......and Mrs. Reynolds....the fearsome headmistress. Is the school still there?

Bildeborg.

I went there when it was Burgoyne Road School. My favorite teacher was Miss Penrose. I think Mr Dalton was the Head Teacher but we moved house in 1974

I always thought Burgoyne Road had it's own school, a large red brick building. St. Marys was on South Road, next to St. Marys Church and at the bottom of Greenhow Street.

i think st marys started out on south rd,but along time ago it moved down to burgoyne rd i dont know long ago it was,

If I recall, the first headmaster when I was there, prior the Mrs. Reynolds taking over was a Mr. Jarman.......for some reason I had to polish all the chromework on his car during platyime........perhaps I was a naughty boy :D

I attended St Mary's on South Road, then it merged with Burgoyne Road School. I remember Mr Allott ( the headteacher) Mrs Webster ( the deputy head) Mrs Horsely (she was the lady who put the cream on your head when you bumped it, and gave you a "bump note" to take home to your parents. I even went back there while I was on a YTS sheme, as part of my placement.

As I remember Mr Jarman was the headmaster there,Mrs Reynolds was there as a teacher and used to bring her son Paul to school..Mr Forrester was my favourite teacher there and he and his wife took us along with Mr and Mrs Morrell and Pat of course to Belgium...blankenberg I remember,where a few of us went out to the sea late at night.....dont remember it merging with Burgoyne Road though...

yep

its still there

...but now a centre for Sheffield College. I used to go to adult ed classes there in the 80's and 90's.

Hugh

I went there when it was Burgoyne Road School. My favorite teacher was Miss Penrose. I think Mr Dalton was the Head Teacher but we moved house in 1974

Is this the Miss Penrose who later taught at Walkley Primary (late 80's/early 90's)?

Hugh

As I remember Mr Jarman was the headmaster there,Mrs Reynolds was there as a teacher and used to bring her son Paul to school..Mr Forrester was my favourite teacher there and he and his wife took us along with Mr and Mrs Morrell and Pat of course to Belgium...blankenberg I remember,where a few of us went out to the sea late at night.....dont remember it merging with Burgoyne Road though...

I remember Mr. Jarman, his breath always smelled of Vinegar, I had to polish the chrome on his car as a punishment during play time. As for Mrs. Reynolds, we knew her as 'Rennie Bags' but not to her face mind! There was also a Mrs. Mee there too.

:confused: Really don't recall St Marys going down to Burgoyne Road at all..Do you remember Mr Forrester then ?..or is that a bit too early for you...Ha Ha.....