Sign in to follow this  

So are mediums real or fake?

or are they just some con artists or whatever you want to call them... my friend said that he met someone at the place he works at and he told him that he went with hia friend to see a medium at a church for free...and they both sat down and the medium said something about his friend and he was shocked as hell...

Has anyone here been to see a medium? And are they just con-artists, or can they really communicate with the dead?

Mediums are very average.

I personally don't believe in all that... I mean if someone's dead, how the chuff do they talk back to a medium who is talking to them when they're buried 6 feet underground in a coffin or their ashes are scattered somewhere God rest 'em?

I think there's a prize on offer somewhere on the net of a million quid to anyone who can prove that it works. Or any other kind of paranormal stuff. Most of the time, like astrology, people are told/ hear just what they want to hear. Or its so vague, people respond with specifics, adn the medium just works this in.

eg

'have you had someone pass over recently?'

'yes, my Uncle Ron'

'ah, i'm feeling a male presence'

What a load of cobblers.

I call them insects breeding on peoples gulability

Originally posted by oxbeast

I think there's a prize on offer somewhere on the net of a million quid to anyone who can prove that it works. Or any other kind of paranormal stuff. Most of the time, like astrology, people are told/ hear just what they want to hear. Or its so vague, people respond with specifics, adn the medium just works this in.

eg

'have you had someone pass over recently?'

'yes, my Uncle Ron'

'ah, i'm feeling a male presence'

What a load of cobblers.

That'd be James Randi, at http://www.randi.org who is offering $1M.

And no, mediums are fakes, frauds and liars.

Susie, I see a man, tall dark and handsome

Only on million dollars?

A paltry £544,667.27

Hardly enough to keep you in tea leaves and crystal balls.

No wonder he's not had any takers.

My opinion is that they are not genuine.

Originally posted by Warreng

or are they just some con artists or whatever you want to call them... my friend said that he met someone at the place he works at and he told him that he went with hia friend to see a medium at a church for free...and they both sat down and the medium said something about his friend and he was shocked as hell...

Has anyone here been to see a medium? And are they just con-artists, or can they really communicate with the dead?

It is the same as everything else in life, some are, some are not, nothing is black and white, there are always grey areas.

I beleive some are genuine, but also, I know that some are confidence tricksters, if we all ignored them, they would go away, it is all the gullable people among us who encourage them.

The thing to remember is that everyone is trying to take your money off you in some way, thieves, muggers, con - artists, business people, solicitors, credit card companies, banks, estate agents, women, petrol companies, so, if someone wants your money BEWARE. Sorry, got carried away.!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I have not met one yet who I could say...yes that is very freaky I think you really are communicating with the dead.

Thinking about the ones I have met...all bar one were a few bob short and two in particular were an insult to the term con-artist.

Moon

In 1971 I went to a spiritualist church in Sheffield, at this time I was very much a non believer. After the service a guest speaker stood up and began to give messages from the other side,he suddenly singled me out and began to tell me things which he could not possibly have known. He told me that two men would come into my life and gave me the initials R and C. The first would cuase me a lot of heartache but the second would be my soul mate. I had a very unhappy marriage to a Robert but in 1975 I met my husband Christopher and yes I believe he is my soul mate.

Having said this I truly believe there are genuine mediums out there, but I also believe that there are a lot of frauds.

any decent medium doesnt charge for the gift they have been given,and you dont give them any information,if their genuine they should know,i went to one ,and only me and her new what she said was true,the cost nil,but i did buy tea and biccys for 30p :D