Newfield school - what can you tell me about it?

Hey Someone Nicked My User Name ...im Finleybobs Not You At The Top Of This Thread :( And I Have Not Wrote He Above Message Either ...sat Here With Blood Boling Now :@

Yay another old Newfield thread. It's not a bad school. Period. Those lists of old teachers are pretty interesting, and some may be surprised to hear who has left recently. I've just left, been there since 03 and in that time Mr Dooley, Mr Poore and Mr Yates left not that long after I started. More recently Mr Leech, Mr Bolton, Mr Price, Mr Bird, Mr Harris (he was great), Mr Roden, Miss Phillips (D+T), Mr Cunnington, and Mr Venn (he was cool too) have all left, and probably more that I can't remember. I think Mr Laurence has left and Mr Styles is leaving soon. Shame really, good teachers. Cadman ftw!!!!!

To all making negative comments about Newfield School.

I'm a year 11 pupil at the school and I think that it is a brilliant place for learning. I have only ever had one problem, my parents contacted the school and the problem was resolved immediatly. The school has got sereral enforcements in place to deal with bullying or issues out of school, eg- cyber bullyin & family issues. I have been at the school since 2004 and will be leaving in June of this year.

At the beguining of my time here the school was not very organised and had a bad reputation due to some of the students behaving badly in and out of the school. But now there does not seem to be any disruptions around the school and in lessons and I think the credit for this should go to our new head teacher Dr. Sue Bains. Dr. Bains has pulled the school back onto it's feet, inforced new members of staff and precise roles within the school for exalple, pastoral leaders, inclution, achievment and attainment. This means that every pupil is monitored throughout each term so that any problems can be resolved before them become promonent. Since Dr. Bains joined our school the attitude toward learning throughout the school has become possitve meaning pupils are eger to learn and develop their learning in different ways.

Now that we are in the new school, (which is a fantastic facility) the atmosphere is far more safer, cleaner, happier and possitive. The way the school and designed makes you feel that you have a bigger responsbility to keep the school the way it is, it is also a fantastic learning facility which engages you into learning.

The only people that are giving the school a bad reputation are the people that are making negative remarks about the pupils around the local community. The school is an improving possitive school of which i'm sure will shine in the next offstead inspection because thats what it now deserves.

Thank you Dr. Bains for you dedication and possitive approach towards the pupils and learning.

Hi My Son Used To Go There, I Moved Him Because He Was Getting Severeley Bullied By Some Asian Kids, The School Did Nothing, He Was Very Unhappy And He Was Faking Illnesses To Get Off School, But It Took Some Doin But We Got Him Into Meadowhead School And Hes Never Been Happier, His Schoolwork Is A Lot Better And Im Very Happy With Meadowhead, Id Never Send Any Of My Kids There Again.

Hello everyone...I am not from sheffield i live aprox 87 miles away

but i am here to tell you all some information about the newfield school and its current head teacher.

firstly Dr Sue Bains

This woman is the ONLY reason i finished secondry school without being expelled, a bad egg u might think....well i am not, while dealing with home issues and the worries of corsework and exams sue bains didnt only offer me support in class but out of class as well, staying till 7pm to help with my history courswork but also putting her neck out on the line with the risk of upsetting her staff which she was trying to get on side and makeing decisions that were not to the approval.

I would like to let people reading this know that i was not a student at newfield but i was a student at the school which made this woman amazing... pensnett school of technology now known as pensnett high school was in the same position when i was there as newfield is now, ofsted coming in every 2 month and the hastel of constant inspection, not only did we as a school get a brand new sports gym (that was applied for and granted for sue bains yet not for the previous head teacher) but she took a school on a "rough* area and made it succesfull.... and then moved on to another school (newfield) to do exactly the same thing, however i am not for 1 second calling newfield rough as i havent been there but the time and effort sue put into lifting my school up from the bottom to a well reputable level and then with no brake inbetween move on for a greater challange i think deservers respect...

This is again i would like to say thanks to Dr Sue Bains and her sheer commitment to her job and belives...

I think to all whom contemplate sending any children of there to a school which is being run by one of the countries most determind head teachers, that there is no second thought needed...

i am living proof of Sue's success as i finished in 2007 with predicted F's in most subjects but i cam out after her help with 5 C's adult litracy and numeracy level 2 and have gone on to do A-levels in Law, Psychology and ICT.

Again i would like to bring this to your attension i was having major issues at home but i could always count on 1 ladie to be there for me in times of trouble and dispair... i have sat in Sue's old office and cried my eyes out and i have and always considered Sue as the mum at school...i understand that i may have been a special case but who is to say your child wont be. Sue puts nothing less than 110% into everything she belives in and 9/10 she puts 110% even if she doesnt....she is a wonderfull woman and i urge you all to see that i promice she will not fail at getting the school in you community to the highest standard possible...

i hope you read this and take on board this 1st hand experiance i have had and understand that Dr Sue Bains is the way forward for this school and without her the school doesnt stand a chance.

Many Regards Sebastian Robins age 17 former student at Pensnett High School

WITH REERENCE TO DR SUE BAINS, HEAD MISTRESS

NEWFIELD SCHOOL

SHEFFIELD.

Hi, Firstly I would like to introduce myself, My name is Julia Gibson - I am Seb Robins mum. I have known the current Head Mistress; Dr Sue Bains, who is now the Head of Newfield in Sheffield. Please read if you are thinking of sending your child to another school because of the reputation Newfield currently has.

I cannot stress enough how this lady took a school full of rude, disrespectful 'yobs' and turned them into well adjusted, well mannered adults who could go into society and excel in their chosen path.

There is one thing I feel that needs to be said to help you to understand the depths of Dr Bains vocation and why you should entrust your child into her school.

I am trying to be as informal as possible yet still give the information to quell any anxiaties you may have, you see, unfortunatly the previous Head Master was too much of a dictator and did not feel he had to listen as well as speak. He laid down the law and the law was not to be broken. If it was broken under his 'reign', the child was expelled!!! Does this sound fair to you?!?! No! It was not. The school sank under the 'reign' of this tiranical Head Master (no names! I wouldn't like to be sued!). This was also the problem we found with the junior school head master as well. Zero tolerance brought into school's, my son was expelled for not eating his lunch correctly at the age of NINE!!! So while I understnad in the current climate of the education system that teachers and pupils alike cannot be bullied, there has to be some tollerance, as not every child has the same needs, or level of understanding especially with the ADHD and other learning issues that have come to light in the last 10 - 15 years.

Children are not bad people, they have issues which need to be found and focused on, in order to be able to teach children the level of acceptable behaviour that society expects and demands.

Thankfully Dr Bains was given the task of bringing the school into the 21st century, not by capital punishment, but by earning, not demanding the respect of the pupils under her tutalidge

This lady (I do not use the term Lady lightly), is one of the most vocationally dedicated people to have entered the education system in many years. The education system is all the better for having her within it's system.

Dr Bains is the only Head Mistress to whom I would trust my childrens safety in any capacity.

On a more personal note - Dr Bains took my son, Sebastian, under her wing, and dedicated her own time outside of school hours. Dr Bains made telephone calls to me to enquire after my health, as thing's were difficult at home with my chemotherapy at the time. Dr Bains made sure that Sebastian was cared for when I couldn't do the job myself. She made time to listen to him about ALL his worries both at school and at home. She helped him to come to terms with what might happen, and what did happen; also to overcome and to manage his own learning difficulties, what a success!

Sebastian started at the school Dr Bains worked in, as a bit of a rascal, causing havoc wherever and when ever he got the chance. He suffered from ADHD, Aspurgus, and Autism. He was heavily dosed on Ritalin daily, yet his head was all over the place, even with the medication.

Sebastian's problems as I have said, were not just with his own disabilities but with my illness as well. A lot for a child to deal with. Yet this was not a problem for Dr Bains.

To finalise, I cannot enthuse enough about the amount of support your child will recieve under her care. Her staff are taught how to deal with youngsters of todays climate, where they have to listen to the child as well as teach them.

Having said all of this Dr Bains is no soft touch. There are rules and regulations, and she will enforce them, but the difference between Dr Bains and the 'usual Head Teachers' I have come accross during my childrens education is that she will listen and actually hear what the child says to her, she will take the time to get all sides of the story, she does not single any child out, and has no favourites. Dr Bains is fair and firm. All in all a very positive asset to any school she works in.

If you have the chance to send your children to the school where Dr Bains works, take it with both hands, you will never regret it.

My son is a wonderfully moulded, happy, well adjusted, wel mannered member of society. I lay the praise firmly at the feet of Dr Bains.

So to Dr Bains I say "Thank you, you are a star":thumbsup:

P.S Forgive my spelling errors! Dr Bains did not educate me!!! Lol

Julia Gibson - Mother of Seb Robins!!!

we are moving to sheffield next week and it looks like my son will have to go to newfield school, can anyone tell me anything about it, its quite a way from where we are living so would there be any point appealing to get him into a nearer school

Hi - see the last two submissions on page 7 from myself and my mother. If you do have any concerns - Speak to Dr Bains directly - she will listen to you, and hear you. Good luck - Seb