Loud "personal" stereos on public transport.

I always have to listen to mine without them in my ears first so they're not too loud! Cos I hate it myself when I hear somebody elses!

Hope it wasn't mine you heard!

It totally depends on the earphones being used really. I use canal phones and I can have them turned up loud enough to hurt my ears and you wouldn't know i was listening to anything! I know this because people get annoyed at me when I ignore them (not on purpose) as I can't hear them and they can't tell i have music on :)

What bugs me is those tinny, naff, fuzzy mobiles that usually play that naff chipmonks song "looooonnllleeyyyy, ssooooo looooneelllyyyyy" etc.

Look tit, its loud and annoying why don't you buy something that doesn't sound like a distorted fart. I get so tempted to chuck them out of the tram window

Yeah ban the irritating things on public transport

but isn't that penalising every user? I have mine on fairly quiet and its a nice distraction from being battered about like a sodding veal calf on the tram in a morning

but isn't that penalising every user? I have mine on fairly quiet and its a nice distraction from being battered about like a sodding veal calf on the tram in a morning

True, but I really hope you have headphones for that. When people play their music so that everyone can hear it, there's always other peopel who wish those people would get beaten up, or have their players stolen, or something

True, but I really hope you have headphones for that. When people play their music so that everyone can hear it, there's always other peopel who wish those people would get beaten up, or have their players stolen, or something

Fair comment, and yeah i always wear my earphones as I know only too well how annoying it can be to hear other peoples music. the ones that annoy me are those who play it loud on their mobiles, no earphones or anything

Fair comment, and yeah i always wear my earphones as I know only too well how annoying it can be to hear other peoples music. the ones that annoy me are those who play it loud on their mobiles, no earphones or anything

Gawd, don't talk to me about those types! I hate them! lol

To be honest I'd much rather drive to work. Never considered myself claustrophobic but the tram can be a nightmare in a morning. Nothing worse than getting jammed up against some chav playing god knows what on there phone

Yet another reason why I have the expense of the car and don't use scrublic transport

the metro paper on the buses is good, maybe we could get metro radio

It's the mobiles cranked up with s*&t music, not through headphones usually carried by some 14 year old girl dressed like a 2 dollar street prostitute "innit"...bovvered? etc

The points made about driving and It`s public transport, not a library are actually linked. We`re all supposed to be getting out of our cars (because the roads are too full) and using public transport instead, so one would think that "the powers that be" (not that there are any now they`ve deregulated....) should be striving to make public transport suitable for as many as possible. Loud personal stereos/mobiles etc put a significant number of people off public transport and (say) making half of all trains or trams quiet zones doesn`t even cost anything so what`s stopping them ?

To the thoughtful "Sunshine", I`m sure it wasn`t yours !

How nice it is these days to come across someone who thinks about others more than themselves.