Spiritual Healing - Cure or Con !?

Is spiritual healing real !?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is spiritual healing real !?

• Yes.
    • Sort of ... it's all hocus pocus and placebo effect.
    • No ... it's a con to get the gullible to part with cash.
    • All of the above.

I need this to work. Nothing else has.

I'll believe it when it can be measured scientifically.

This. I reckon it's yet another manifestation of the placebo effect as I have seen no evidence to suggest otherwise.

The placebo effect is however remarkably powerful, and if this is a good way to stimulate it then it has value.

But placebo can't cure serious illnesses. Which spiritual healing has cleared for people.

But placebo can't cure serious illnesses. Which spiritual healing has cleared for people.

Really, can you give me an example of spiritual healing curing someone who's lost their arm for example?

Why does god never heal amputees and only choose to heal people who had a chance of getting better without him?

He can't always perform miracles- not even in the bible!

He can't always perform miracles- not even in the bible!

But you'd think that in the whole of recorded history considering that there have been spiritual healers for centuries now that there would be one documented case of someone 'using the power of god' to cure an amputee? Just once maybe.

I mean if I watched a spiritual healer lay his hands on someone and their legs grew back before my very eyes I'd be convinced. It just seems rather suspect that it only ever works on people who might've got better anyway, that's all.

You mentioned that you need this to work, so I'm guessing you're in a bad place with regards to yours or someone close to you's health, and for your sake if you do try it I hope that it does work, I really do, good luck.

I have seen no substantial evidence of this.

They say that less than 6% of alternative therapies have any success, but as a trained Reike practitioner I find that the power of postive mental suggestion really does help certain individuals.

I also trained as a spiritual healer, but I realized they were all basically the same thing, so lump spiritual healing / laying on hands / all these forms of prayer based healing into the same category - it's the power of belief that seems to make something work.

But whether it's just positivity or something deeper, I have no idea, and I've been practising for twenty years...

I would NEVER EVER tell anyone EVER to see a healer over a registered doctor. EVER.

It should always be done in addition to seeking medical help.

But from my years of experience, it does seem to work. Whether it gives people hope, or whether it genuinely does heal - my personal jury is still out on that one.

When a healer lays his or her hands on you, it is the most bizarre feeling .. almost like a buzzy electric current that heats up your body from your toes to the top of your head. Very strange, but there was no way I could deny I didn't feel anything.