Spiritual Healing - Cure or Con !?

Is spiritual healing real !?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is spiritual healing real !?

• Yes.
    • Sort of ... it's all hocus pocus and placebo effect.
    • No ... it's a con to get the gullible to part with cash.
    • All of the above.

Just seen this on TV ...

It's the thing where healers lay hands on (or near) a patient and the healing force is channeled through the healer to the patient (I think that's right).

Is it real ?

Is it all hocus pocus and placebo effect ?

Is it a con to get the guilable to part with money ?

Is it all of the above !!!?

What do you think ...

i voted yes, but im talking about hands on healing, i was healed once at church you see, was suffering greatly with my illness and was healed for bout a month! unbelievable. :)

Its real. I wont go into details but I know for sure it has worked where a member of my family was healed and the doctors had no success at diagnosing the problems yet after two visits to a healer it was sorted out and has never been a problem since.....and nothing charged, but you could make a donation to the healers expenses if you wanted.

mimi ... did your illness come back after you stopped having the healing ?

can you say what the healing felt like ?

i only had it a couple of times, but always found that it was unbelievable how much it helped me.

it wasnt "spiritual healing" as such, different to owdlad maybe, but i felt a really warm feeling, got hotter and hotter. was really powerful and uplifting feeling. hard to explain :)

mimi

Originally posted by mimicraze

i only had it a couple of times, but always found that it was unbelievable how much it helped me.

it wasnt "spiritual healing" as such, different to owdlad maybe, but i felt a really warm feeling, got hotter and hotter. was really powerful and uplifting feeling. hard to explain :)

mimi

That sound like spiritual healing to me mimi :)

yeh just confusing cos people do different things, I was healed by God, theres just so many different "spiritual" sources i guess. not bothered anyway, i answered your question :) that help?

Placebo effect.

Bog all to do with spirits or religion... just faith in being cured! If it works for you temporarily then that's great.

BUT.. and it's a bit but...

Healing makes a great money spinning and congregation building sideshow in churches and town halls across the nation. It stinks.

Each to their own Tony, have you tried it ? it was in this couples house no side show nothing apart from their desire to help people. and no money changed hands. No one had less faith than me until I saw it work ....well have you tried it ?

it was in my friends house,5 of us there,wasnt planned. was amazing.

I'll believe it when it can be measured scientifically.