Sign in to follow this  

Someone else needing computer help....

Other the past week or so i haven't been able to copy and paste text. I've run every virus and spy ware checker i've got and my pc is clean,i've also cleared out all of my tempory internet files and nothing has fixed it. :(

Any one got any ideas please??

I'm working on it and will let you know as soon as I come up with anything cos I want to be able to help you :)

thank you, i really appreciate it. :)

I can't work it out. Does ctrl+c and ctrl+v work?

Originally posted by Sidla

I can't work it out. Does ctrl+c and ctrl+v work?

Nope :(

It will let me select copy from the right click menu,but when i come to paste it wont let me. I though it might have been a virus but i've done deep scans on all my drives and its found nothing. :confused::(

I wouldn't have suspected a virus, just a bug in something you've installed. What have you installed before you first noticed the problem?

Are you running XP which should allow you to recover your system back to a time before you had a problem?

Thanx for all the help so far. :)

Unfortunatly its still isnt working,infact things seem to be getting worse! :(

Sidla : As far as i can remember i haven't installed anything,the last thing i installed was spybot and that was weeks ago.

max : I'm running XP Pro and i've tried the system restore earlier but it wont let me restore from before the 21 of May. :confused: It has restore points going back for months but when i try to restore from them it says its unable to restore from that point and nothing has been changed.

mikki : Thanks for the link.I'm pretty keen on keeping my anti-virus stuff up to date. I'm 99% sure its not a virus.

Now my pc's having quite a bit of trouble opening web pages,even ones on my favorites list and about 70% its showing red x instead of pics.

Thanks for all the help,i'm a complete tool when it comes to pc's.