• quinny
    • silver cross
    • bugaboo
    • Graco
    • mothercare
    • mamas and papas
    • Maclaren
    • others

Thanks for that - i will have a look at the mamas and papas pramette.

Its the base left in the car that I want the most i think!

Its correct about the baby not allowed in the car seat for over 2 hours, therefore the graco one i was looking at had a lay flat pram base with carry cot, so the baby can lay flat.

With the added extra of being able to place th car seat to the pram when "nippin" out for an hour!

Since posting the message I had also thought about the warrenties etc as id not thought about that before - and decicded it was better to buy nearer the time of birth due to losing out on warrenty whilst the pram is sat waiting for the baby to arrive!

Please can I ask why you needed the mamas and papas after sales?

Thanks

Amanda

ive got a silvercross baby seat to sell with its accessories £40

have you thought of using a sling? or a hippychick when shes/hes older and just getting umbrella buggy?

Does the baby seat come with car base?

I have a nice mammas and pappas one which fits fine in my 2 door

Does the baby seat come with car base?

hi

if ur replying to me its just a car seat upto 20pounds(weight) or when they can sit up properly-but i do have a silver frame thing that you can attach car seat to - would sell that for £10-brand new never used it. Bought it with silver cross pram but they all match and fit together. not ready to sell pram yet its godsend! have you tried babycare world at shalesmoor? they usually give you 10% off ur 1st purchase-so just buy everything together!

Hate Graco stuff too - find them bulky and plasticy! Also a pramoholic here...in your situation would certainly suggest Mamas and Papas pramette which is fantastic from birth - I bought it with my first baby and am using it now on second (with about 12 other trials of different prams in between!)...I had a two door car with my first baby and the pramette is great if boot space is tight. However, I didn't like the primo viaggio carseat as I found they were too upright and my daughter's head fell forward so I went and bought a britax deluxe rock a tot which again am using with second...

Just as an extra point of advice...take your car into a mechanic because most the time airbags can be deactivated - it's a matter of finding the fuse (I had a mechanic do it for my peugeot 2 door)...that would make life much easier for you as baby could go in front and you wouldn't be forced into buying car seat that may not be perfect...

Finally - on car seats, both Mothercare and Babycare at Shalesmoor will actually let you try the seats in your car and you can get a feel for how they work...

Hope this makes sense...my brain is still like mushy peas after giving birth a couple of months ago so am just learning to talk/put sentences together again!!!

p.s would avoid buying second hand car seats if you don't know the seller...

Hate Graco stuff too - find them bulky and plasticy! Also a pramoholic here............Hope this makes sense...my brain is still like mushy peas after giving birth a couple of months ago so am just learning to talk/put sentences together again!!!

have to agree - hate graco too, looks cheap and not a fan of chicco although have two of their prams(yes i know one baby and 3 prams-dont ask!)

theres also a place opp hills barracks, he sells new prams CHEAP and hires out second hand ones so you can try b4 u buy. i got my summer chicco from there for only £35, and its £55 in co-op, great for chucking around (cars, airports etc..)

Anyway, dont rush your decision have agood look around, sometimes if u find it cheaper on net, shops will match price

Please can I ask why you needed the mamas and papas after sales?

Thanks

Amanda

PM'ed you with the details lol!! Post was far too long on here!!

What has everyone got? I've had a mothercare travel system, Chicco london stroller a 3 wheeler kidz cargo and a bruin stroller.

Where to start! We have a Mothercare double umbrella fold, a Kingswood double sandwich fold, 2 single Graco travel system buggy's and 2 Maclaren umbrella fold single buggy's. We also have a "one in front of the other" style buggy to get us down to the garage from the house which is either Graco or Mothercare and another sandwich fold buggy but can't remember the make.