• quinny
    • silver cross
    • bugaboo
    • Graco
    • mothercare
    • mamas and papas
    • Maclaren
    • others

Try to get one where the baby/toddler faces you ... I hate to see all those poor little children being pushed into the crowds, they can't talk to the parent, the parent can't see what's happening with them, opportunities for parent/child interaction are almost nil. i notice that even on the bus, parents seem to park the pram facing away from them and proceed to totally ignore the child :confused:

And those three wheeler things are an abomination .. they take up far too much room, jsut imo :)

Let's have a campaign for backward facing buggies!

Most prams are two way Ruby, its just the parents who cant read the instructions to change it (or cant be bothered)

Most prams are two way Ruby, its just the parents who cant read the instructions to change it (or cant be bothered)

Hmmmm, that's interesting. The complaint I've heard most is the two way ones are outrageously expensive ... the pram part usually faces the pusher, but when they come to fit the buggy later, it's forward facing?

You couldn't have those three wheeler things facing you, could you? Some of the newer ones are getting ridiculously oversized now, though. Someone came with a buggy the other day that looked bigger than my armchair at home!! She couldn't get in the shop with it :D

We just bought this for the nursery (well the 4 passenger version) now thats what I call a buggy :D

That's the bees knees, I'm not so worried about having a second set of twins now I've seen that!

That's the bees knees, I'm not so worried about having a second set of twins now I've seen that!

You wouldnt believe our luck. Total retail new for that prambulator is £1600 with covers etc. (4 seats and baby foam inserts) we got it in mint condition with two sets of spare canopys for under £120 on ebay :thumbsup:

Just got to brand it with the nursery logo, it will certainly turn a few heads when the staff take the children out to the park in it :P

I was rather hoping that the three wheeler things would be more popular-especially as i intend to do a lot of walking with the new sprog in the woods and stuff. It might be an idea to get a girly buggy for the sake of my other halfs sanity and a three wheeler for walks.

Although saying that, shes likely to accuse me of wasting money.

Jabberwocky, you can both win...the ultimate Daddy's pram is the Quinny Zapp - you can tuck a baby carrier in it facing either direction, and after 6 months you replace it with a seat. It folds down to the smallest possible size and even has a bag you can put it in, and it's light and easy to carry. It goes up very quickly too once you've got the hang of it. It's a 3 wheeler, but a small zippy one - I am five foot nothing, and can stand still and spin the pram around 360 degrees with one hand. It's perfect for manoeuvering around shops and small spaces, AND is very, very sturdy.

We have one because it was the one thing Farmman wanted to choose, and this was what he wanted - I often hear dads asking for one.

As for Mummy approval - it doesn't do too well at off roading, and there is no place to put your shopping, etc, it will overbalance. But for sheer manoueverability and ease of use, I can forgive it.

Price - shop around!!!! They retail for about £150, but ours cost £75 on the web - sorry, can't remember where from.

Jabberwocky, you can both win...the ultimate Daddy's pram is the Quinny Zapp - you can tuck a baby carrier in it facing either direction, and after 6 months you replace it with a seat. It folds down to the smallest possible size and even has a bag you can put it in, and it's light and easy to carry. It goes up very quickly too once you've got the hang of it. It's a 3 wheeler, but a small zippy one - I am five foot nothing, and can stand still and spin the pram around 360 degrees with one hand. It's perfect for manoeuvering around shops and small spaces, AND is very, very sturdy.

We have one because it was the one thing Farmman wanted to choose, and this was what he wanted - I often hear dads asking for one.

As for Mummy approval - it doesn't do too well at off roading, and there is no place to put your shopping, etc, it will overbalance. But for sheer manoueverability and ease of use, I can forgive it.

Price - shop around!!!! They retail for about £150, but ours cost £75 on the web - sorry, can't remember where from.

Thanks for that! Ill have a squiz around for one!

Yep, that's the one. Really the only two regrets are not having a space for 'stuff', and the slight trouble over really rough terrain - though it's so light it's easy enough to throw around and lift up when necessary. It also does steps without too much trouble - it's very tough - and my mother has been known to take it on the escalator because it's light enough to get away with it.

The cosytoes you can get for it is waterproof, can tighten up to form a little cocoon, and is very nice and cosy indeed.

I use those brightly coloured baby links to attach toys and drinks to the pram, with no problems (except the fact that I have become known as 'the child catcher' to friends and family because small children are attracted to them and grab on, and if I don't notice, and their parents don't, I end up with little stow-aways, lol). It will also fit those diabolical child-diverters that have a little steering wheel and gears and a horn and play the same evil tune over and over and over and over and over and over.

Or let the wife buy the pram she wants and buy a sling to go walking in. They are cheap and cheerful and perfect for walking.

I have a maya wrap ring sling and mei tai and my daughter loves them :)

I found the Baby Bjorn sling invaluable - gets you fit carrying the extra weight too! My priority for a buggy was weight, because you end up lugging it in and out of the car a lot