• quinny
    • silver cross
    • bugaboo
    • Graco
    • mothercare
    • mamas and papas
    • Maclaren
    • others

We bought a Silver Cross Freeway, new it would have been over 400 pounds, however we bought it on ebay. It had only been used twice and was still pristine. We are now considering buying the Maclaren Quest Sport (so am pleased to hear you find it a good pushchair) just purely because the Silver Cross is not practical to take on the bus. We will still be using the travel system at all other times.

I would not have been happy if I had bought it new is what I am trying to say, although it is fantastic, it is a LOT of money.

It's the Quest Sport that we have. I've been really pleased with it. It even fits in the boot of my KA! It does claim to be suitable from 3 months though and I don't think it is really. At 5 months my little boy didn't look completely comfortable because as he couldn't sit up unsupported he used to slip down the buggy.

We also intended to carry on using the silver cross but it didn't happen. When I push that now I feel like the swivel wheels aren't even on and they are, it's just the Mclaren is so whizzy!

The quinny zapp although more expensive folds really small and is very light. I regret getting rid of mine!

The quinny zapp although more expensive folds really small and is very light. I regret getting rid of mine!

I agree, I love mine, and it survived 4 plane rides and the tender mercy of the baggage handlers to the States and back last year...but it isn't exactly cheap.

Try ebay...

Woolies has a £24 swivel wheels umbrella fold with a removable raincover.

I got my first pram from kiddicare.com for £80, it was travel system and the pram part of it was not used very much more the car seat. this time i am gettin this one http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_54_10751_-1_14051_35804_10001_14051

I dont see the need to spend an absolute fortune for something i will not be using for more than 12 months!

Where do people get these dirt cheap bargains from in Sheffield? My parents have one of those local papers that has a dozen pages of ads for second hand goods and cars each week - they've got us a virtually new highchair for £20 - but I can never find anything round here :(

The baby shop at hillsborough.

Ive got a..

Graco Mosaic (Pram, Carseat, Footmuff, Change Bag and Raincover) MIL bought it. £150.

After 3 weeks, I didn't like it, so I got a Mothercare Aulto (Currently trying to sell on here!) So I bought a graco mirage in coffee for £40 (Pram, Footmuff, Raincover and Parasol.)

Then my sister gave me her Maclaren XT.

So, i'm on benefit's and got 4 prams. All in all though, i've spent £40. One was a gift, Aulto was an easter gift (Instead of chocolate as i'm on a diet), £40 for the mirage (Which I adoreee!!!) And the XT was a freebie!

The baby shop at hillsborough.

Whats it called, gina?

Every time my OH gets the belly up she INSISTS on buying a brand new pram. Usually theyre big bloody bulky things that SAY they weigh only a few kilogrammes but in reality they weigh more than a family car.

They take someone with the mind of Einstein to fold and unfold- especially when youre at a bus stop and the bus is heading your way and once they ARE folded, they seem to have grown to about 10 feet long.

I want one of those three wheelers next time but SHE wont let me have one- the pram we have now is only a little over a year old and its already knackered.

And.... Breathe....

Whats it called, gina?

The baby shop.

Quite literally, the baby shop.

It's across from the people (Non-car) entrance to morrison's, opposite and up a little from hillsborough interchange, ripley street (Might be road)

I'll grab the number from them next time I pass if you like?

The baby shop.

It's across from the people (Non-car) entrance to morrison's, opposite and up a little from hillsborough interchange, ripley street (Might be road)

Oops, i just thought you meant 'the baby shop' if you get me :blush::hihi:

Do they have a website?

The baby shop.

I used to get stuff from there! Its been there for years hasnt it?