• quinny
    • silver cross
    • bugaboo
    • Graco
    • mothercare
    • mamas and papas
    • Maclaren
    • others

There's one behind the Hallamshire - I forget what it's called (Beech Hill Nursery, perhaps), but I liked it when I looked around there. It's walkable from uni.

Don't have my child in nursery but have heard very positive things about the Broomhall one (looong waiting list) and the YMCA one in Collegiate Crescent (my friends kids went to the latter and they still talk about how much they loved it! They're nine now, very sweet!)

i'm in much need of a double buggy i have a 6 month old and a crazy 2 year old wh just runs.

im only a small person so some of the prams are far too big for me

also they are so expensive

if anyone has one they no longer neew and wishes to let me have it please pm

my daughter scares me to death when she sets off running

it doesnt have to be FREE if you could let me know what you have and how muchfor thanks

I have a tandem for sale at £20, Mothercare's own brand but I'm not in a position to give it away. It has rain hoods, 5 point harnessing, shooping section underneath, all the usual stuff really and it's clean and fairly tidy.

Can probably deliver for petrol costs.

Broomhall gets my vote... all three of my girls have been or go there!! Well worth the wait! :)

just had my new pram delivered yesterday and not sure about it now lol just wondering what make or brand does everyone else like or got .

We have a Phil and Teds 3 wheeler, but then we are at the allotment and out walking quite a bit so it's ace.

However, we didn't pay he full almost £500!! Wow! Nah, ebay. We found a rare shop that was selling last years version of the pram, but it was stuff that wouldn't shift due to some very tiny scratches on part of the chassis. Got the basic for £200 and have nicked the accessories off my sister-in-law, and will buy any other stuff as we need from ebay.

It will also take Adam til 4 years old and another baby on the same pram.

We had a huge, heavy, nasty Mamas and Pappas travel system last time, donated free by a friend of the family. We ditched it for a Quinny Zapp as soon as cosycub was old enough to sit in one, and despite the lack of space to store things, I never looked back.

Thankfully, when I told the in-laws we were expecting again, they admitted they had thrown the old M and P pram away (hooray!!!) and would pay for a new one. We popped down to Anklebiters on abbeydale Road and tried a few out, and fell in love with 3:

I liked the iCandy Cherry - so light you can lift it by it's hood, but the OH thought it was too flimsy, tho I disagree

The Quinny Buzz - all the manoeuverablity of the Zapp, but larger, with storage space, and bigger weels, so better off road. The OH was totally enchanted by the fact that all you have to do is push a button and pneumatics open the pushchair automatically, lol.

And the surprise one we'd never heard of before, the Mutsy 4Rider. My absolute favourite of the 3 - light and maneouverable and covered in pockets, lol.

All go for around £350 - £500 for the full system (well, pushchair and carrycot, we weren't in the market for a car seat.) All will take a maxicosi cabriofix carseat.

To me those prices are outrageously out of our budget - how does anyone afford that??!! So we hopped on to ebay as well...picked up a Quinny Buzz with pushchair seat and carrycot for £140. Bargain. Pity we couldn't find a Mutsy for quite so low a price...

PS Anklebiters are great...let you play and will spend ages showing you how they all work. Honest opinions on the prams, as well.

I'm fed up of looking at ones I like but can't afford :rolleyes:

i have a graco tsb deluxe, worst travel system in the world.

we ended up having to get a bigger car (we could have done with one anyway) as the pram is so bulky, great for if your a big shopper like me though. we are realising that the little one will be growing out of the car seat that came with it so we will have to buy a combo one as she is too little to go forward facing.

imho your better off buying seperate it will save you money in the long run. get a good combo carseat, will do them till they are 4, rather than an infant carrier, and then get a really good pushchair. try out loads, i fell in love with the graco many years ago and had blinkers on, not good

wish I had tried out loads, on the look out for a buzz now, really really want one. other half not impressed lol

new pram and car seat???? im not in the good books lol

i have a mothercare trenton it i big but thats one of the good things and i love it

I had a bebe confort trophy which I absolutely loved, I've just sold it cos little un is nearly 15 months and I can't justify having anything that big now, I manage with a little umberella fold buggy and a mei tai sling now........

Lovely pram tho, comfy, reversible seat, huge shopping basket.....

I've seen the bebe confort loola's and I really like the look of them, shame about the price tag tho