• quinny
    • silver cross
    • bugaboo
    • Graco
    • mothercare
    • mamas and papas
    • Maclaren
    • others

Phils and Teds - Have you got one? What do you think?

I'm expecting number 2 at end of September and have always loved Phil and teds - especially the cocoon. But my oldest is 3 and half so I'm really not sure I can justify the expense. Then again I do walk with buggy most places, and daughter usually wants to go in the buggy - the thought of her having tantrums all the time if we've only got a single buggy is not appealing - but this one also has the option to use as a single so think it would get more use.

I'd love to hear your experiences to help me decide.

Thanks

Edited by edssb4
Title lost as threads merged

I have one and its great.

Mine are 9 months and 2 and a half. At first when we had it in lie flat mode with my daughter in the seat on top she was not too much of a fan as she had gone from a comfy Bugaboo to a rather uncomfortable '2nd seat' and it was a struggle to get her into it but now the baby is in the seat on the bottom and she is in the main body of the pram she loves it.

I do sometimes use it as a single if my daughter wants to walk or is not with me. In my opinion the main draw back is this....if Holly (2 year old) wants to walk then Will (baby) sits in the main body of the pram...Holly then gets tired and wants to sit in the pram...if she goes underneath, the pram is liable to tip as she is bigger. It is hard to swap them around if you are by your self. However, this is not too much of an issue and I certainly would not rule one out because of this.

Anyway, I hope this makes sense...if not to sum up A Fantastic Pram!

This thread had me really confused. I started reading about buggies and it got mixed up with nursery choices somewhere along the line.

The reason I checked back is that due to fourth baby I have just bought a Mamas and Papas aria because I want a light double that is NOT the Maclaren cos I hate the handles. If anyone has a M&P aria twin let me know how you find it, and also if its worth getting a primo viaggio (sp?) car seat to go with it when you have different aged children.

This thread had me really confused. I started reading about buggies and it got mixed up with nursery choices somewhere along the line.

I didn't think I'd subscribed to a thread about buggies :confused::P

Yellowrose - i have the mamas & papas twin aria. My youngest 2 are just under a year apart. I also have 2 single aria's. I really like these prams. The only problem we've found is that the handles are too low for my husband, but he is 6' 5" so to be fair, most prams are low. The single ones are slightly higher. Anyway, they're both ok for me. I never bothered with the car seat attachment as I don't really like seeing babies screwed up in them, would rather they were laid out flat in the pram. Good luck :)

After numerous hours of searching the Internet I finally found the pushchair I wanted. It retails at £245.00 and I got it for, wait for it, £175.00. It should have been £185.00 but the company price matched. Result. So if any of you like me need a new pushchair and have the time, scroll the internet you're bound to find the one you're looking for.

My son turned 2 last month and my baby is due in October. When my baby is born my son will be 2 and a half. I'm thinking I will need a double buggy as I can't imagine him walking well enough to never need the buggy. But maybe he will change a lot in the next few months, I'm not sure. What age did people tend to stop using a buggy for their little ones? I'm not keen on the buggy boards as it looks difficult to push the buggy when they are on.

If I'm going to get a double I'll probably go for 2nd hand so I want to start looking around quite soon.

Thanks.

My friend had her baby mid march and her LO was 2 two weeks later she has a buggy board which he loves and puts the baby carrier in the bottom of pram for when LO is tired whilst out.

I would think about putting the money to one side and then see how your son is with walking mid sept.

Alot of the ones which are side by side will have the most room for your son but IMO I feel they look a little big and uncomfy for baby and the trouble with the ones infront of eachother look perfect for baby but cramped for LO.

Hi Corbyn

I agree with previous post. I've had loads of experience with double buggies, buggy boards, slings etc (I'm a childminder and had children with similiar age gap to you). I think it all depends on how you travel, how far you travel and when you travel. I find for instance that children in general can walk quite a distance in the morning but as they get tired in the afternoon then this would be out of the question, I then use the double buggy or buggy board. Buggy boards aren't as bad as you think and clip up off the ground when not in use, so can be used as a stand by in case lo gets tired.

The hardest consideration comes if you travel by bus a lot, double buggies don't fit on easily, if at all I'd then use a sling and buggy for a while.

A good thing about double buggies especially the tandem ones is that the basket underneath is masive great for your shopping, kitchen sink etc!

There's a huge thread here with recommendations and the arguments for and against buggy boards etc. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=144084

I personally hated the tandem I had, unlike mumof3, it was cumbersome, didn't fit in the boot and was weighted badly.

However, I agree with jenz, wait a while, our girls had finished with the pushchair at 2.5.

Thanks for the replies. I think my main worry is that my lo (at the moment) can't be trusted. He likes to run off and I would never feel safe with him walking along next to me around Woodseats. Also I do like to go quite long walks upto Graves Park etc and as they are uphill I think he would get tired. But maybe he will change a lot in the next few months.

If I were to get a double I would be going for a Phil and Teds as it's the only one that will fit in my car and that's with the parcel shelf off. Even second hand they are expensive so that's why I don't want to leave it as late as Sep to try to find one. I'll have to have a think!