• silver cross
    • bugaboo
    • Graco
    • mothercare
    • mamas and papas
    • Maclaren
    • others

hi

I am looking for a good pushchair for my 14 months old daughter with raincover and shopping basket .It should be in range of 50-70 pounds only.It should not be very heavy as i have stairs in my flat entrance.Can anyone please recommend a good one

Also..how good are backpack carriers for older children of her age???

thank you in anticiption

PS

I have a Little Life Traveller Child Carrier for when I'm going on long walks and I also have an Ellaroo Mei Tai Back Carrier which is a soft carrier and great if baby wants to be carried and you need to get on with jobs around the house. You should be able to get the little Life carriers on ebay but the ellaroo carriers aren't often on there.

As for prams have a look on a kiddicare.com and they tell you the weight of all the prams, then find one you like and see if you can get it on Ebay for cheaper.

Hi

I can answer your second question as I carry my son who is now 16 months, and s I have done since birth I can't talk to you much about buggy's apart from to say go for a cheapy one - perhaps a maclaren or basic mothercare one There is bound to be loads for sale on for sale board or netmums or ebay or similar.

Back to carriers then. I have a number of friends who use the backpacks which are recommended for long walks etc - brand Bushbaby, littlelife, vaude, among others. Good for the novice babywearer as doesn't take much getting used to. Some have buillt in luggage space. Be careful to get one which has a supportive seats, as some can be a bit "crotch-dangly" which isn't very good for their hip development. Some peole say that once it is adjusted correctly - key to all babywearing, its comfortable for hours, and there is loads of all-weather accessories.

You may like to consider something which is often referred to as a soft structured carrier - type Wilkinet / Ergo. (I have a Wilkinet for sale if you are interested.) These are very adjustable with loads of padding, and because the todler is nice and close to your body it is comfy for you and baby.

My favourite by far is a wrap / basic piece of cloth. Once you get the knack - which is fairly quick with the help of experienced babywearers it s really easy and very quick and infinately flexible. I could go on... PM me if you would like more info.

:)

for a pushchair try the mothercare aulto, its light to carry and has its own carry handle. As for a carrier I'd recommend a soft carrier like a mai tai every time, I can still carry my 18 month old daughter in hers

If you want a bargain, check out a stall on Barnsley market - he does all kinds of baby equipment, including pushchairs for less than the price in the shops. It's all new stuff, and he will give you a guarantee for 3 months too. We got a Chicco for £35 instead of £50.

im pregnant with my second child my son will be 15 month when the new baby is born (thats if this decides to come on time) and i was wondering if eneyone can suggest some cheapish pram shops i ideally want a pram thats 1 behind the other and of course 1 of the seats as to be suitable from birth and the other 6 month.

any suggestions would be grate thanks

Blimey chany! Good for you :)

I recommend eBay for slightly used McLaren Twin Techno, the best pushchair we had for the twingles, ours was £70 with all the extras and was visibly hardly used.

I don't recommend the tandem prams, the seat at the front is the one which the bigger child goes in and they become VERY difficult to get up kerbs etc. The umbrella fold side by side ones pretty much all do from birth and at 15 months your eldest will still need to sleep in the pushchair so reclining will help. Side by sides are better for putting your shopping underneath too, and the kids can enjoy one another company. We found the twin who sat at the back was bored and would kick the one in front, it also didn't fit in my mid sized family car unless I took the hood off. The techno fits without removing anything and leaves room to spare.

The twin techno is 73cm and goes through any standard doorway.

Let me know when/if you'll be at Jellys again and I'll show you ours:)

Congratulations:)

I've got a mamas & papas twin aria for my 2, who are 13 months & 6 weeks. It's lightweight and goes thru standard doors also (I can get it thru my front door) Both seats go almost flat. I also got mine off ebay. Congratulations by the way :D

cheers every1 i was thinking about a tandem 1 for public transport as i do rely on it quite alot and i know how much a struggle it is with 1 pram sooo i dunno im confussed

shud be at jellytots nt this week week after due to docs appointments etc

I'd still recommend the other type, the tandems can be very cumbersome to fold.

You can control the folded umbrella type with one hand and wheel it down the bus, I think some buses even have easy access doors which would accommodate them.