I am looking for a hiking partner, Thursday, 21st of Sept

Hi there,

I am coming to Sheffield next week to attend a conference. It finishes on Wednesday, the 20th of September. I plan to stay in the area two days more to do hiking in the Peak district on Thursday and Friday (morning). If you have similar interests/plans, do let me know, am willing to do it with a companion. I do not know the exact hiking possibilities so far, I only browsed the web (after my friends informed me that Peak District is a good place for hiking). I am well experienced in hiking , I usually do it in the eastern part of the Alps, where I come from - if interest we could even do some hiking here around some later time.

My contacts: matej_niksic@hotmail.com or SMS: +38631368334

Have a good day,

Matej

Might be worth having this moved to the Forum Walking Group, where I'm sure someone would be interested. :thumbsup:

Thank you Meaks, how do I do that?

Best regards!

Matej

copy/paste did it, thank you anyway!

DOBRO DOSLI MATEJ!

Znam da slovenski jezik nije isti kao srpski/hrvatski, ali mnogo rijeci su dobro. (nadam se da razumijes!) Slijedeci tjedan, svatko ce znati bolje, kad bice slobodan na 21/22 rujan. Mi su prijatelski ljudi! Ja bicu mozda u koledzu. Ne znam jos dana. :(

Prije da me pitas - Dalmatija; Dubrovnik, Hvar, Split, Montenegro i Mostar. Cutam da Ljubljana je fantastican. :thumbsup:

Mods note. Usual rules about English suspended for this thread

Huh. Sorry. :rolleyes: (zao im je. Ha!) :hihi:

Someone thinks I've asked if I'll go out with Matej. Before this turns into the SF date-international group, and to not get banned for being (ahem) "clever" - I said:

Welcome, Matej!

I know that the slovenian language is not the same as serbian/croatian, but a lot of the words are good. (I hope you can understand!) Next week, everyone will know better, if they'll be free on the 21st/22nd of September. We are friendly people! I will perhaps be in college. I don't yet know the days.

Before you ask me - (these are the places I've been). I hear that Ljubljana is fantastic!

It doesn't seem so exotic now. :(

Before this turns into the SF date-international group, :(

Now that is a spin-off I didn't foresee!!:hihi:

Thank you for the link Taxman. It seems the Hathersage area is most easily reachable (by direct train from Sheffield) - do you know any walks there, what would you recommend? It seems the accomodation shouldn't be a problem - there is a hostel.

I am surpriced about the nature of this area - there are no real peaks, right? More plateaus. And it seems to be a kind of a moorland? This is very different to what I am used to, I am looking forward to get to know this landscape.

Purdyamos, priblizno razumem srbsko, ko sem se hodil v osnovno solo, smo se tudi v Ljubljani ucili tega jezika, nekaj se se spomnim. Prebivalci Ljubljane, bi poleg 'fantasticna' gotovo dodali se kaksen pridevnik, npr. preplavljena z avtomobili, z visokimi cenami stanovanj,... je pa vsekakor tudi fantasticna - zelena, bogata v razlicnih arhitekturnih stilih, majhna (fizicno) in hkrati velika (glavno mesto drzave, zelo zivahno).

Have a good start of the week, I am reading this forum from one of the Sheffield's computers next time!

Matej

PS the translation: Purdyamos, I do understand Serbian to some extend, when I was in the primary school also Ljubljana's pupils were learning it, and I still remember some things. The citizens of Ljubljana would beside 'fantastic' add some more adjectives when describing the home city, for example overcrowded with cars, with enormously high prices of flats,... but it is true, we would also call it fantastic - green, rich in architectural styles, physicaly small but big in its soul (the vibrant capital of a nation).

Purdyamos. Translation: You've pulled!

Get the train to Edale and follow the Pennine Way up Jacob's Ladder and across to Kinder Downfall. The views are breathtaking.