I am looking for a hiking partner, Thursday, 21st of Sept

Several of us are now walking on this day so you're most welcome to join us! (sent you - Matej - a PM for contact details).

Anyone else up for a walk? Probably 5 - 10 miles, in Derbyshire/the Peak District, hopefully taking in views of the countryside, moorland, villages, whatever. We can tailor the walk to suit the participants, if anyone else would like to join in. I'm sure we could manage to incorporate a craft-centre/pub lunch, otherwise it'll be a packed lunch. PM me or post on the thread! :)

Arrangements moving on for this...

We need to be back in Sheffield for 3.15 pm for child-collecting duties due to a Group Member's commitments. So, meeting somewhere in Derbyshire about 9.15am.

We are picking up a Group Member from Gleadless Townend at 8.30am, if anyone else would like a lift from (and back to!) there?

might be able to make this one. 3.15 finish suits me as well.

where are you meeting?

Well, seeing as I thought it'd be nice to include Matej, I need to wait for him to get back to me. Where we walk depends on whether he has his own transport, wants to make his own way on public transport or would like to avail himself of the offer of a lift from Townend!

I still have your phone number, unless you've changed it recently. Do the last three digits include a 6 and a 4? If so, I'll keep you in the loop either by text or by PM as regards the itinerary once we know what's happening. :)

And the same goes for anyone else interested in joining us!

Dear [sHsheff]

thank you for your replay and invitation. I am surely willing to join you. Unfortunatelly this forum-system doesn't allow me to send you a PM. Leaving Sheffield at 8.45 is fine for me. I have all the "equipment" (hiking shoes, thermo-jacket,... do you think we would need a wind-stopper?), but I do not have a car here. So if someone could pick me up from the train station (the place I know herearound so far), I would ask for it. I can check the e-mail in the late evening again, until then we can be in contact via SMS: from the UK it should be (0?)0.386.31.368.334.

I am looking forward for that walk, thanks to everybody who replied on this thread!

Matej

thank you for your replay and invitation. I am surely willing to join you. Unfortunatelly this forum-system doesn't allow me to send you a PM. Leaving Sheffield at 8.45 is fine for me. I have all the "equipment" (hiking shoes, thermo-jacket,... do you think we would need a wind-stopper?), but I do not have a car here. So if someone could pick me up from the train station (the place I know herearound so far), I would ask for it. I can check the e-mail in the late evening again, until then we can be in contact via SMS: from the UK it should be (0?)0.386.31.368.334.

I am looking forward for that walk, thanks to everybody who replied on this thread!

Matej

Hi Matej - I've sent you another email to make arrangements. Would you reply TO THE EMAIL please? Not on here! Thanks.. SHsheff

Unfortunatelly this forum-system doesn't allow me to send you a PM.

You should be able to send PMs now as you have over 5 posts.

Right, details now finalised and known participants (hopefully!) notified.

Just in case anyone else new to the area would like to join in, we're meeting in Castleton tomorrow morning (PM me for exact details please).

Not a long walk - about six miles - http://www.countrywalker.com/index.htm (check out the view and hill pics in particular) starting with a bit of a climb (haha) to the top of Mam Tor to enjoy the envigorating breeze and wonderful views before dropping back down to Castleton to enjoy a bite to eat in one of the many pubs and cafés.

Then the possibility of checking out one of the caverns for which Castleton is renowned - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castleton "...local caverns, four of which are now open to the public as The Devil's Arse or

Peak Cavern, Blue John Cavern, Speedwell Cavern and Treak Cliff Cavern." before a bit of a browse round the gift and tea shops before returning to Sheffield.

Castleton is easily accessible by bus, tho' I'm afraid I can't give details. I'm sure a forumer will step in to assist if anyone needs . We've space in a car from the Gleadless Townend 'pick-up point' (accessible by tram) for anyone who can get there for 8.30!

The 272 goes to Castleton. Arrives at 7.28am or 8.48am

The 272 goes to Castleton. Arrives at 7.28am or 8.48am

What time does the one that arrives at 8.48 leave Sheffield?

What a great day out you've organised SHsheff. The Devil's Arse sounds particularly interesting. I wish I was coming with you!