Drug areas in Sheffield

does anyone know of any areas or specific places in sheffield notorious for drug use? doing an article about drugs in Sheffield

Thanks

Used to be outside Tuxedoblue on Sharrow Lane - hang around there dealing and using.

It depends what you mean by 'drug use'

If you mean heroin then just about any dark concealed area in the city centre is probably visited by an addict at least once a week.

If you mean all drugs then just about everywhere you go someones smoking weed or pilled up somewhere.

A place called The Dockers was prolly most famous for drug use and dealing but it's now shut down. I could name a number of pubs and places but I'm not stupid. People aren't going to advertise where that kind of thing goes on.

Are you really doing a study? Or do you just want to find out where to score a weed?:P

yeah i'm afraid it really is a boring study

What about 'the Square' in Broomhall these days?

Had an interesting experience there back in the early nineties involving a gun and a piece of a chunky bar.

M

If the Star is to be believed, areas like Shiregreen, Manor, Pitsmoor and the Park Hill flats are the most notorious for stuff like that.

What sort of dugs we talking here - marijuana, cocaine, ecstacy, heroine, ketamine, caffeine, paracetamol??!!!!!??

well i presume illegal drugs otherwise 'rogue rose' wouldn't need to know specific areas cos most areas have paracetomol!

as for illegal drugs, like j-blaze said, weed and other drugs can be found anywhere, don't assume it is only certain areas with drug problems!

I understand that the gallery at the markets was a problem area at one time and ironically, around the new courthouse (out of hours!)

Yes I was being sarcastic, of course I know she meant illegal drugs but that would still include everywhere being that weed is still illegal and a large percentage of the population of all classes toke. As for other illegal drugs - it's pretty much the same - all areas have users and addicts.

Maybe a bit of a better definition in the first place would have been helpful?

If you go onto Rockingham Street there is a drugs rehab clinic I think (next to the new luxury flats dare i say!)

Maybe they cant help a little with stats - ie. where a most of their clients reside (overall stats not individual of course)

Im sure they can give some pointers for a study - they may even compile a yearly report on their findings.

1M&HB