4x4 Off Road "interested"

Any of the Peak District you havent shagged yet? Leave 4x4 s where they are meant to b..on a farm or in Chelsea with the other w*n*ers

Hear!Hear!

Any of the Peak District you havent shagged yet? Leave 4x4 s where they are meant to b..on a farm or in Chelsea with the other w*n*ers

I know this forum is for freedom of speech but refrain from swearing please... where are the MODs?

For your information your a very rude ignorant person.. the route's me and the clubs I am part of use legal roads available on the ordance survey maps of the area and these are regularly checked with the relevant councils they are still legal rights of way, I will state these are roads and not paths or bridleways.. there for the ramblers and walkers are j-walking - fact!

We use these sites: http://www.glass-uk.org/ and http://www.way-finder.co.uk/

If other 4x4 owners and scrambler bikes use illegal routes do not punish the ones that are taxed, tested and insured and using legal rights of way.

Now I'm not here for a row with anti-4x4 people, lifes too short as it is.

i see the green police are here to arrest all us naughty polluting people for daring to drive anything bigger than an asda shopping trolley. get a life and leave us tax payers alone. we pay for your student loans.

Hear!Hear!

dont you have a tree to hug or an arm y base to protest at . your mate swampy is waiting for you:D

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/greenlanes/#detail

The rights of many users of greenlanes are slowly being eroded. Greenlanes are public rights of way that should be open to all users including 4x4s. They constitute a very small preportion of the countryside, and as long as 4x4 drivers stick to them and do not leave their routes then they are doing very little damage. They provide an access route to the countryside for many people that would otherwise never manage to access these areas. Quite frankly anyone that wants to rampage about on them at high speed damaging the countryside around them should not hold a licence for any vehicle on any road, so please don't take away this privaledge from those who are responsible because of the actions of a minority.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/greenlanes/#detail

The rights of many users of greenlanes are slowly being eroded. Greenlanes are public rights of way that should be open to all users including 4x4s. They constitute a very small preportion of the countryside, and as long as 4x4 drivers stick to them and do not leave their routes then they are doing very little damage. They provide an access route to the countryside for many people that would otherwise never manage to access these areas. Quite frankly anyone that wants to rampage about on them at high speed damaging the countryside around them should not hold a licence for any vehicle on any road, so please don't take away this privaledge from those who are responsible because of the actions of a minority.

:thumbsup: True True.

I for one am a Landrover owner. It sickens me that the ramblers and wanderers try to hold to ramsom every other user of greenlanes. They will be after the mountain bikers and horse riders next.

It gets on my wick that other road users think that we are totally to blame for global warming. I wish they would all consider how much damage is done to this planet by making hybrid cars. The batteries are a nighmare to make and dispose of alone.

My Landover is 8 years old, is running well and cleanly, when things wear out they get replaced with recycled parts and should happily run for another 10 years. In this time other road users will have scrapped at least one car and would be on the way to scrapping another.

lets Just point out what green lanes marked on the map are. They are roads, no different to the road you live on or drive to your place of work on. the only difference is that no one has surfaced them yet.

It may be news to some but all roads used to be that way. And now,, some have been surfaced and some have not.

You will also note that Sheffield council have decided to let all the roads go back to tracks , I only assume this due to all the pot holes they are not filling in.

There is your answer, take all the unemployed getting money for doing nothing and set them filling the holes in the road and repairing the roads that have not been surfaced yet, aka green lanes. My 4x4 is taxed, tested, insured and all paid for by me going to work.

Do folk honestly believe the bull that is told about so called green cars, its been proven time and time again that building new cars as apposed to keeping the old ones on the road is not green 70% of every land-rover ever made is still on the road, in comparison the closest to this is around 6% Just think how many cars this has saved from being manufactured.

The worst polluting by far in the hybrid with its 1 ton of battery s. the lithium comes out of the ground 100s of 1000s of miles from where its shipped by road and sea to the far east where no one gives a dam that folk are dropping dead from the gasses created from processing the stuff,then its shipped to the other side of the world to be made in to battery's along with the tons of plastic from another part of the world. once its made in to battery's it has to be shipped again. don't forget the ton of battery's in a car took 25 tons of stuff out of the ground to make. Now we have a car that is close to 3 times heavier than an equivalent petrol engine version damaging the roads. And then to add insult to all this the battery's will last around 3 years, they will cost more than the car is worth to replace and no one yet can dispose of the battery's that are scrap. The maths has been done the hybrid is 5 times worse than a petrol car. consider the fuel that's been used shipping your battery round the world at 1 ton each. I can assure you that the ships and trucks are not running on battery's. :rant:

is there a Land Rover club in or around Sheffield area, if not why not lol. I live over in Dinnington but won't mind a bit of travelling, this green laning does sound realy appealling for the future I think.

ALAN

Sheffield S25

Hi Guys have any of you got any knackered land rover leaf springs heading for the scrap bin if you have could you drop me a line and maybe we can do a deal for them. I've got this brain wave to modify a set of standard land rover springs to make them a firmer smoother ride any springs will do and any size, rusted or snapped ones. Let me know what you have to offer and tell me what you want for them.

cheers ALAN

Sheffield S25 2RN

boyle1962@yahoo.co.uk