Tips On How To Cope With Stress

I don't know if anyone can help me, but for the past six months I have gone back to working full time 9-5 job. A family member has my son for me Mon-Wed, and on Thurs and Fri he attends a nursery in the centre of Sheffield so i can collect him easily etc. But with everything to do at home etc I sometimes find myself turning into a 'dragon' being, quite snappy etc, and I don't know how to calm down, I just get in a rut doing everything, please tell me i am fairly normal?:huh:

Well i don't work my partner does and recently i thought about going to work but i'm already snappy and over stressed ( more like a mouse trap, tred carefully :hihi: ) with house work looking after my two wild children a nearly 2 year old and a nearly 4 year old And soon i start college so then the pressure will be really on. If i go out for a day everything in the house goes to pot, So i truely feel for you but everyone gets snappy well i hope were not the only two :D .

I find laughing at my self helps me destress! if i didn't laugh at how jinxed i am i'd crack up :loopy: like my dog lead snapping half way to the shop with a baby in a pram and toddler on foot and a dog under my arm i laugh.

I don't have children to look after, but sounds like a perfectly 'normal' stress reaction to me.

Exercise works for me; the more tired, stressed I feel, the less I want to to work out, which mean the more I need to to relieve the stress.

If possible try reflexology, it makes you very, very relaxed.

Get in a nice warm bath, light some candles maybe some nice chilling music! That will sort you out

Thanks so much for the comments, sometimes i just need reassurance that i have done the right thing by going back to work, its quite difficult to do everything and I like to think that others understand me 'zoboz' thanks, sometimes i feel im in this alone,:sad:

I don't know if anyone can help me, but for the past six months I have gone back to working full time 9-5 job. A family member has my son for me Mon-Wed, and on Thurs and Fri he attends a nursery in the centre of Sheffield so i can collect him easily etc. But with everything to do at home etc I sometimes find myself turning into a 'dragon' being, quite snappy etc, and I don't know how to calm down, I just get in a rut doing everything, please tell me i am fairly normal?:huh:

Utterly normal Faye I am afraid. It's the balancing act of being mummy, work colleague, partner, chef, bathroom cleaner, grocery shopper, social organiser.

Delegate what you can around the house especially meals and cleaning. And make time for yourself. Hide in the bathroom every other night with luxury bubble bath and a good book or magazine. Have yourself a night out once a week doing something for you even if you feel too tired for it. Nick2's idea is a good one.

Thanks for the info Sam, I just seem like a dragon thought constantly and get wound up, i dont break things down and take time out so it all just seems too much sometimes :huh:

exercise is the best for so many reasons. if you were bothered enough to post here, then be bothered enough to go to your GP. If he/she recommends any kind of medication as an alternative to a half an hour walk then get yourself a new GP. Surf the net too...meditation, etc. Also, block out time where you just do things just for you...doesn't matter what you do, take a nap or watch your favourite TV show completely uninterrupted. whatever you choose make sure it's a something good and healthy and that you genuinely enjoy. it may take effort to relax and switch off at first, but keep trying. if whatever you try doesn't work, try something else, but always give it a good go first and remember that you must always look after yourself first - if you don't, you won't be at your best to be there for others :-)

PM me if you want

Try to find an exercise class based around boxing, especially one where you get to use pads and gloves. Great for stress relief and good exercise.

Try to find an exercise class based around boxing, especially one where you get to use pads and gloves. Great for stress relief and good exercise.

I keep asking my bloke to buy me a punch bag for my bed room, i think it would be very helpfull towards keeping my stress levels low.:hihi: