The Ashes mega thread.

Daryl Hare has been sacked

And quite right too. He is utterly incompetent.

There speaks the voice of true optimism. Its going to be a long, hard winter chaps.

We expected nothing else.

<fx: fixes bayonet and dons tin hat>

No, it's a fair comment. They haven't had much practice since they've been out there, and it was only a one-dayer, very different from a test match. I mean, I'm not particularly confident about the test series, but not on the basis of this match.

I see they persisted with Jones behind the stumps - I'm sure the 7 runs more than Read he scores on average in one-day games is much more important than the 90-odd his fumbled catch cost us :shakes:

Hard to say on the basis of a single one-dayer after a brief lay-off, but the signs aren't good. Mahmood looked terrible. I know we should expect an avalanche of no-balls from him, and we got them. His figures were unacceptable, and for that I'm worried about what he'll do for us. The youngsters' score against us was embarrassing, and our batting pitiful.

I'm a Jones man myself, and I would look at the bowling rather than his (awful) fumble as to the scoreline, but if he continues as such, even I'd doubt whether his participation is justified.

Good luck England. I think this will be the best ever Ashes.

You may well need it. COME ON OZZIE COME ON COME ON COME ON OZZIE COME ON..... OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE, OI OI OI. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

There speaks the voice of true optimism. Its going to be a long, hard winter chaps.

As I don't have Sky, I might spend the winter watching by Ashes 2005 box set instead.

Moving to the present, England are doing a little better in the 3 day game against New South Wales. Trescothick's still off the boil though - anyone else think we should open with Strauss and Cook? Cook came in and did a great job when Tres left India last winter. I've seen anything to suggest that Tres deserves his place back.

KP's got his eye in, but the whole tam needs to get a really good start in the first test. Give the Aussies an inch, and they will make life hell for the team out there.

Personally, I quite like watching the cricket while I'm having my porridge in a morning, although Warney getting a fivefer might just curdle the milk a bit!!!!

KP's got his eye in, but the whole tam needs to get a really good start in the first test. Give the Aussies an inch, and they will make life hell for the team out there.

Personally, I quite like watching the cricket while I'm having my porridge in a morning, although Warney getting a fivefer might just curdle the milk a bit!!!!

Yes, yesterday's play was much improved, and it was certainly nice to see Hoggy getting a wicket, but a flying start is more than needed.

I worry about Hoggy over there though. He's our true bowling engine, but I just feel that pitch conditions will be wrong for him wherever he goes.

Well, thats a loss now a draw, building nicely. Fingers crossed for the first test then. Still not sure about Anderson in though.