543 restaurant, ecclesall road

we have never been to 543 but have walked by a few times and thought it looked good, so thought we may give it a try at the weekend.

can anyone tell me what it is like? is it worth going?

We have heard that you can't book at the weekend you just turn up, has anyone any experience of this, can they fit you in

Thanks

been thrice, first time, thought it was horrible, overpriced food, i like good food and dotn mind paying 4 good food but this was just not good.

then went again (not my choice) and they had sold out of about 3 of the main courses. my risotto was bland, my mums fish pe was awful but the meat had by my bro and dad was nice.

third time, (again not my choice!!) about 2 weeks ago. they'd run out of one thing, but mine was lovely and so was everyone elses!!!

so maybe its getting better

I have been many times since it opened. I have always thought the food very good, I really like the place.

I went last week and it was really nice food. It was a friday night and we had booked...

Although beware, if you book via email, the confirmation email, although not an automatic response, means diddly squat as apparently the person who deals with it often "forgets" to transfer the bookings into the main reservation book which can cause much confusion and embarrassment!

I've been to 543 several times now, and each time the food was excellent, with polite staff and pleasant surroundings.

You shouldn't be disappointed.

I think you probably will need to book for the weekends as they got rid of the no booking policy a while back.

Been 3 or 4 times.. the food is generally good but sometimes the portions are a bit small and its not as amazing as Marcos which is similarly priced.

BUT.. the best thing is the 3 mini desserts for a £5 deal!

Last time I had Hazelnut chocolate brownie, white chocolate and raspberry mousse and cinnamon creme brulee and all three were out of this world!

We decided we wouldn't go for main courses anymore.. just desserts :thumbsup:

thanks to all of you for your comments, I'll ring again about booking and double check the situation, we'll give it a go

have a good weekend