Moben kitchens hard sell

Having a rant about this guy to advise on suitable kitchen plans who moved very quickly on to the hard sales pitch like what's stopping you take a decision now and all possible permutations with as many different variations.

Told him plainly that given the cost I wouldnt take a decision today and needed to think about it which I thought was reasonable enough or so I thought.

Really put my nose out of joint to find myself repeating the same message in at least 10 different ways and he then had the nerve to tell me he was just a kitchen designer and not a salesman. :rant: :rant:

Disgracefull.

Moben are same group as Dolphin bathrooms. They are one of those companies that always have a sale on cause their stuff is overpriced to start with. Let me guess- the sales man quoted very high, said you'd get it at 50% off, and if you signed today he'd knock a bit more off. Stay well away from this outfit.:)

Moben are same group as Dolphin bathrooms. They are one of those companies that always have a sale on cause their stuff is overpriced to start with. Let me guess- the sales man quoted very high, said you'd get it at 50% off, and if you signed today he'd knock a bit more off. Stay well away from this outfit.:)

How ever did you guess???? I was very happy to show him the door. *chuckle chuckle*.

He also asked if i was seeing their colleagues at Dolphin Showers/Bathrooms which I was but apparently i wasnt on their system, they couldnt make it at 9am and only had 10 am slots so I told 'em not to bother. And by the sound of things they havent :D

The most alarming thing is that this character said many people made instant decisions on the day and then rather quickly added that "they'd done their homework" :suspect: which gave me the excellent cop out of Well I havent and you're the first person I've seen.

Why are people always so shocked when salesmen try to sell them something, it's their job to do that, if they just sat around and ignored you they wouldn't get paid, and you'd probably start an "I was ignored in Moben" thread.

Sheesh !

Yeah - please read Nick2 he said he wasnt a salesman and was only a kitchen designer ie the first line of defence when I objected to his methods/tactics. Thank goodness I'm not frightened of saying no if needs be

I had a visit from a Moben kitchens rep. too and was distinctly unimpressed. The guy swanned around my kitchen in a very affected manner, as if he were Lawrence LLewellyn- Bowen, and also told me that he was really a kitchen designer rather than a salesman. He insisted on sitting down and planning my new kitchen there and then. I politely declined to accept his offer and resolved never to contact Moben again.

Why are people always so shocked when salesmen try to sell them something, it's their job to do that, if they just sat around and ignored you they wouldn't get paid, and you'd probably start an "I was ignored in Moben" thread.

Sheesh !

Most trademen talk through what you want and then give you a call or a quote in the post.

Moben pretend to be sending out a designer who will do just that, but instead tries pressure techniques to get your money. It's unpleasant, unprofessional and there's no reason to accept it.

Well LC I think this must be one of those very rare occasions when we see eye to eye. :P What really put my nose out of joint was when I asked this character for a confrimed quote, he wrote stuff down in pencil on a scrap of paper with their Office number for any queries.

If they're so good why cant I have a confirmed quote before they make an appointment for me to see their flaming surveyor who will charge an arm and two legs for the privilege by the sound of things???? :rant: :rant: :rant:

Well LC I think this must be one of those very rare occasions when we see eye to eye. :P QUOTE]

Well Wendy, I have known cases where people with largely erroneous and errant views have eventually seen the light, so there is hope for you yet :thumbsup:

Most trademen talk through what you want and then give you a call or a quote in the post.

Moben pretend to be sending out a designer who will do just that, but instead tries pressure techniques to get your money. It's unpleasant, unprofessional and there's no reason to accept it.

For some reason, kitchens have always been the hardest of the hard sell.

My mate Doug used to clinch deals with waverers in the following way:

"You're happy with the design I've come up with and you're happy with the materials and you're happy with the price we've negotiated including a massive discount. So what's stopping you from going ahead? It's because I'm black isn't it?"

Completely ruthless. He stopped selling kitchens after a while as it made him feel like a criminal.