Y

Trumpet and banner

JD&S

EPBM

E934

1 1/2

scratched N

barely visible stencilled S

The interesting thing is that if family history is correct, this set was made in 1946 by Arthur Richardson of James Dixon and Sons for the silver wedding of his sister and brother in law.

JudeDue, I also have a mug and I would also like some information.

The bottom has the following

6 pointed Star

Trumpet and Banner

James Dixon & Sons (arched)

Sheffield

Cornish Pewter

W.1882/1

1/2 Pt

Made in

England

Kullgan I think the word RESISTARN just means it is resistent to tarnishing.

Hi, I was helping clean out a house after the last occupant died. It was a brother and 3 spinster sisters living alone. They all worked as nurses/medics in WW1. One thing I kept was what looks like pewter flask. On the side it says AROM.SPIRIT.AMMON. On the bottom is stamped, from top to bottom:

- a symbol that looks like a figure 8 on its side, with a vertical line through the axis.

- a symbol that looks like a bugle with flag hanging off of it and two tassels

- James Dixon & Sons

- SHEFFIELD

Can anyone help me figure out what this is and what it is worth?

Tx

David

Hi all

Just found this forum after searching and getting nowhere for some info on a teapot I have.

The teapot looks to be pewter but I am not sure.

round in shape, what looks like an acorn sat on a leaf on the teapot lid.

The handle also has some decorative work on it.

the bottom of the teapot is stamped with...4650

James Dixon & Sons

then the trumpet with the letters H at one side and 5 at the other

Any info on this piece would be great

Would be interested to know if it is pewter and the date it was made.

Many Thanks:)

Hi all

Just found this forum after searching and getting nowhere for some info on a teapot I have.

The teapot looks to be pewter but I am not sure.

round in shape, what looks like an acorn sat on a leaf on the teapot lid.

The handle also has some decorative work on it.

the bottom of the teapot is stamped with...4650

James Dixon & Sons

then the trumpet with the letters H at one side and 5 at the other

Any info on this piece would be great

Would be interested to know if it is pewter and the date it was made.

Many Thanks:)

Contact British Silverware on Windsor St as they are the present owners of all the Dixons marks and they would probably help you. Address your enquiry to Mr J. Houghton.

Hi, i have a pewter cigarette box, lined in wood. on the front is a picture of King George VI, Coronataion May 12th 1937, on the back is inscribed James Dixon & Sons. Sheffield. Cornish pewter. L14626 and then some fine scribble 168/Q ma/t . could anyone shed any more light on this? Neil.

Hi, i have a pewter cigarette box, lined in wood. on the front is a picture of King George VI, Coronataion May 12th 1937, on the back is inscribed James Dixon & Sons. Sheffield. Cornish pewter. L14626 and then some fine scribble 168/Q ma/t . could anyone shed any more light on this? Neil.

The fine scribble could be the work of a Pawnbroker, I have an old watch and its full of scribbles from when it went into "Uncles"

hi all can anyone :help: me i have a stag with a tree behind i think it is a candel stick on the bottom it has jd & s at the side of that there is somthing cant tell what but it looks like a plane or a bird then under that there is a p then 17 26 anyone no anything about it any info would b good :confused: carnt find anything about it anywhere:help: please

Hi!!

I have huge oval pewter teatray 29inx20in(72cmx51cm). Teatray has signature: First line:97

second line(capital letters):JAMES DIXON & SONS

third line (capital letters):SHEFFIELD

fourth line:1355

Could you help me and tell when this teatray was made?

Regards Baltazar!

Hiya All,

I am new to the site and have a teapot, which as I understand it was made by James Dixon & Sons of Sheffield. I am trying to date this teapot accurately. It has a number of markings in the centre of the base as follows:

Trumpet and Banner Trade Mark (Post 1879)

JD&S (james Dixon & Sons)

EPBM (Electro Plated Britannia Metal)

4104 (Pattern No.)

5 (No of Sevings)

It appears to have a hinged, bullet shaped lid with an Ivory/Bone handle, which is held on by a screw thread and wing-nut. The main handle is metal with 2 inlaid circular bands that appear to be made of a white/opaque material. The teapot shape is a fluted ovular design and there are 2 decorative strips, each approx 1" wide, with a floral pattern that circle the pot body at the top and bottom.

Does anyone have any idea of a more accurate date of manaufacture?

Bluebear0136:help:

I am just trying to find out some information on this piece.

I have a three bottle decanter set. It is sterling (I think), it has a lable on the bottom of the decanter. The lable has two lions with a coat of arms and printed just below the coat of arms is ET MON along with James Dixon & Sons and Sheffield. On the side of the decanter is stamped with the letters DASPC? The bottles are very thick glass and look old, each has a sterling label on a chain and some marking on the back of each label. The bottle labels are Sherry, Brandy and Whiskey.

Does anyone know where to find out anything about the company and this item. It's been in the family for along time, I heard maybe back from the late 1800's. Not sure if that's right????

Thanks