James Dixon and Sons - Info wanted.

for any info on old marks and companys try sheffield assay office.

not sure if she still works there but Jackie the librarian is the person you need.

the no is 0114 2755111

See post by PAULINEB dated 1/3/2006 re an exhibition starting 4th. August2006.

Cynthia. Canada.

HI EVERYONE!

DID MY RESEARCH AND FOUND THE INFORMATION I WAS LOOKING FOR REGARDING JAMES DIXON AND SONS, SHEFFEILD.

HERE ARE THE URL'S THAT MAY HELP THE REST OF YOU WITH FINDING THE MARKS, AGE OF THE MARKS, SILVER, SILVERPLATE, AND THE GREAT FLOOD OF 1864.

ww.silvercollection.it/silverplatehallmarksJJ.html[/url]

ww.925-1000.com/dlSheffield.html[/url]

ww.silvercollection.it/electroplatesilver.html[/url]

ttp://freespace.virgin.net/a.data/sheffplate.htm[/url]

ww.mick-armitage.staff.shef.ac.uk/sheffield/flood.html[/url]

THERE ARE NO VIRUSES IN ANY OF THESE SIGHTS. I SPENT HOURS FINDING THESE SIGHTS AS THE BOOK ABOUT MARKS I CANNOT FIND IN THE STATES.

ISBN 1-901587-52-5

THE SIGHT ABOUT THE FLOOD IS REMARKABLE AND FULL HOURS OF READING AND PICTURES. TRAGIC LIVES LOST. INTERESTING STORIES OF SURVIVAL.

LIKE THE LITTLE GIRL THAT WAS FOUND SLEEPING IN HER BED AFTER THE FLOOD WITH NOTHING LEFT BUT THE CORNER OF THE HOUSE AND HER ROOM ON THE SECOND FLOOR. JUST THE CORNER OF HER ROOM JUST BIG ENOUGH FOR HER BED. SHE HEARD HER DAD, MOM AND BROTHERS GO DOWN THE STAIRS AND YELL FOR HELP AND THOUGHT THEY CAME BACK UP AND WENT TOO SLEEP...SO SHE WENT BACK TO SLEEP...SHE WAS THE ONLY SURVIVOR. JAMES DIXON AND SONS COMPANY WAS DAMAGED IN THE FLOOD AND YOU CAN READ ABOUT IT!

THE MARKS I FOUND REGARDING JAMES DIXON AND SONS ARE VERY HELPFUL AND EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.

HAPPY RESEARCHING AND READING EVERYONE!

SNAPPYTHING~USA*:love:

Thank You Hugh for posted the addresses correctly.

Very considerate of you too take the time to help!

ALL The Best!

Snappything

Hello All,

I have never asked a question on a forum before so forgive me if I make a mistake.

I have received a hip flask from a relative. It is shaped like a small leather bound book. The book title is "Return of the Swallow". It is marked:

J. Dixon & Sons Ltd.

Sheffield

L91/4OZ

Made in England

(On Flask itself under corner which twists off to reveal spout)

On removable corner are the markings:

PAT APPLIED FOR

Some type of hallmark

and the # 137

Any info you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks!

Have a half pin pewter beer mug with the letter K above the Bugle on the bottom and James Dixon & Sons, Sheffied Cornish Pewter W1882/11. Made in England

New to pewter and new to this site, can anyone give me any idea how I can find out how old it is?

Thanks

Jayboo Canada, formerly England

Watcha All,

sorry to jump in on this but I could do wiv a bit of help:

I found an old multiple knife in my F-in-L's shed after he died, made by James Dixon & ? (sons I believe). It's called The Adjustable Extractor, The trade mark is a lozenge with a circle on the top point, inside the circle is I; in side the lozenge is a concave oblong with R d with 2 lines under the d, in the upper point is 17, left point is 2, right point is J bottom point is K.

Anyone help please:-)

best

Mick

Watcha B,

thanks for that, I kept on putting James Dixon in my search engine but it never came up with a website for them. I'll certainly contact them, probably Friday.

best

Mick

jen13kd You asked after details of James Dixon & Sons Ltd. You can find a lot in a book titled "Made in Sheffield" ISBN 1 901587 52 5 available from Amazon price £9.95 on 26/1/2007

Hello Forum, ref James dixon and sons, I have a strage piece, whick I cannot get any info on... its a tea pot ( I think ) with support, underneath it has: in order

T next to it the trumper and banner then something I cannot make out

next line james dixon & sons

next line Shefield

next line 1000

I think its in pewter.. but not sure....

anyone got an idea???

thanks....

Garf.