Information about herbal remedies

12 years ago i was very bad with anxiety attacks due to the menopause my doctor put me on antidepressents and i have got myself off them gradually over the last few months now i stopped them altogether ,but feel i need to take something to keep it at bay i am agreat believer in herbal remedies and wondered if anyone can reccomend anything ,i have tried st johns wort which helped me before but dont seem to be helping now .

I can't help with the herbal but I can recommend aromatherapy if you would be willing to give it a shot? I've been and done courses to make my knowledge officially recognisable so I know my stuff.

maggie389,

Anxiety attacks are horrible things. I know from experience.

I use Rescue Remedy, it is from a range by Bach Remedies. You can get it in boots or herbal shops. Also, relaxation techniques, aromatherapy are good. Book by claire weekes helped me! Hope this helps you!

CurlyWurly x

There are many things that could help to support you, and to keep you off antidepressants. Aromatherapy, reflexology, hypnotherapy have all been shown to work well, especially hypno.

There is a good medical herbalist on Sharrowvale Road, called Alton and James. Clinic One at Beauchief can help with the other three. Phone numbers - 268 2468 for Alton & James, 236 4141 for Clinic One.

Hope this helps, and well done for coming off the tablets :thumbsup:

Definitely recommend Alton & James on Sharrowvale Road. Their advice and herbal remedies have worked a treat for me. You may also find making dietary changes and moving away from additives etc could be beneficial. Think there's a lot of truth to the concept " you are what you eat".

I am delighted to say that most interestingly our revered HMG have moved away from loading diets with salt etc as was the case a few years ago and are now looking at salt free diets. which makes this yet another major volte vace on the government's part or have I got my facts wrong???? :confused: :confused: :confused: