Bentley Brothers attercliffe Road

Hi. Just read your post on Sheffield forum. I am David Bentley who went to Greenhill Primary School in the 1950s.

Interested to see pic and know who you are?

regards

David Bentley

debentley47@gmail.com

Hi. Just read your post on Sheffield forum. I am David Bentley who went to Greenhill Primary School in the 1950s.

Interested to see pic and know who you are?

regards

David Bentley

debentley47@gmail.com

Are you Vernons son?

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 10:31 ----------

I worked there in the engine rebuilding shop at the Attercliffe workshop,I worked on the Victor 101 fc and fch and the cresta engines, also the Viva engines around about 73;75 time,a lot of the ice cream vans were Bedford CF and CA engines then, they would usually need an engine rebuild after about 60,000.
They were all lemons shogun the only good thing was when the cambelt broke it didnt do any damage,it was surprising how many mechanics who had not worked on these always put the timing marks together.

my father was Vernon, brother Michael.
We used to ride trials you were in the Hallamshire i was in the Hillsboro club in fact i still have my old club card.I bought a Greeves Scottish of your dad,he was chairman of the sheffield branch of the IAM bike section.Your mother was a nice lady Marge wasnt it she let me have a Barbour suit on the drip feed.I remember Alan Morewood and Merle and andy in the chair,Les Noble,Dave Skinner.Alan Watson,Thorpy,Mick Ransome,and there were a lot of others whose names just wont come up at the moment,they were good days,full of characters.:D

Just found this thread and seen a mention of Arnold Sowerby, I worked for Westfield motors on Queens Road and Arnold was the Forman he left and went to Bentlys. Can anyone let me know what job he did at Bentlys and is he still around.

---------- Post added 08-12-2013 at 15:40 ----------

Anyone help ?

does anyone remember a relative of mine called john michael Bennett?

Westfield Motors used to be on West st at one time opposite Westfield Terrace.

My cousin Richard Marsh served his time at Bentleys before emigrating to Canada, came back worked for lancaster europa then returned back to canada , now a successful businessman in the industry.

my dad ( Bill hayes ) worked at bentley bros from 1952 as an apprentice mechanic. My uncle (brian thompson ) also worked there at the same time.

My father worked at Bentleys as a sales man at Saville rd from 1966 till about 1974 the sales manager at the time was Peter Pollard and the M.D Mr Maurice Bentley. Peter Pollard gave my father his first job as a salesman and he was the top salesman for the duration of his time there. His name was Ivor Dyson I am Clive Dyson and played football with Maurice's son Andrew in the Sunday league for the "Antiques'' If Andrew gets to read this I would love to hear from him. My father was work mates with Gavin and Tim Reeney two other salesmen.They were very happy days for him he eventually followed me out to Australia where he died in 1999.

---------- Post added 20-05-2015 at 21:21 ----------

My father worked at Bentleys as a sales man at Saville rd from 1966 till about 1974 the sales manager at the time was Peter Pollard and the M.D Mr Maurice Bentley. Peter Pollard gave my father his first job as a salesman and he was the top salesman for the duration of his time there. His name was Ivor Dyson I am Clive Dyson and played football with Maurice's son Andrew in the Sunday league for the "Antiques'' If Andrew gets to read this I would love to hear from him. My father was work mates with Gavin and Tim Reeney two other salesmen.They were very happy days for him he eventually followed me out to Australia where he died in 1999.

they used t be on ellin street in the 60s behind staples I worked in a small garage opposite them and next door was deighton motors x

---------- Post added 20-05-2015 at 22:49 ----------

does anyone remember a relative of mine called john michael Bennett?

I remember your Gordon bennett