Neighbours from Hell and their dogs.

You have a civil case for the damage caused by his animal, but I don't think that the Police will be too interested unless there was potential for a Breech of the Peace on his part.

Only got a civil case if he can prove his neighbour’s dog did it. And unfortunately he can’t.

Why does he have to buy the fencing. It’s your garden, you’re the one enjoying it so you should put a fence around it. Dogs don’t recognise boundaries.

That's a bit harsh and unneighbourly ... I bet you'd be talking out of another orifice if anyone'd let their animals do it to your property.

People should keep their animals and children under control or at least be sorry and compensate when they cause damage. Why should people spend their hard earned money and time to make somewhere nice and then have it ruined by uncaring idiots?

Why does he have to buy the fencing. It’s your garden, you’re the one enjoying it so you should put a fence around it. Dogs don’t recognise boundaries.

dogs might not, but the owner who should be controlling them should do.

we all agree he should control the dogs and what has happened is despicable.

but you can't force him to erect fencing if a) he doesn't want to

b)he says he cant afford it

c) he may be incapable of doing it.

if we were all realists we would know the op is on a hidiing to nothing.

the guy could say it was an accident,he tried to stop the dogs etc etc - at which point with no proof,the op has made the relationship worse & the cops will just leave him alone.

the only potential is the council.

otherwise it's a question of "getting your own back" and getting on with your life.

i'm glad it wasn't me,'cos deep down i think i'm Sicilian.

Well, I certainly can relate to this post ! I think I'm becoming a Sicilian-wannabe too.

I laid down new gravels in my garden, and one side's neighbours would let their dogs run wild in my garden and poo absolutely everywhere. There's nothing more disgusting when you're doing some planting to find something smells, and your hand is full of dog muck ! >.< !

The other side of the fence, that neighbour is even more despicable. She opens the door which divides our gardens and let her cat wander and poos in MY garden. I saw her once doing this through my window, but I didn't say anything. As if it telling her off would've made any difference at all.

If I had the money, I too would've put up fence and take down the pivot, but it'll cost me hundred of pounds. It's things like this which makes city living VERY attractive.

it's a question of "getting your own back" and getting on with your life. i'm glad it wasn't me,'cos deep down i think i'm Sicilian.

I'm really starting to warm to you, willman :love:

This has to be a troll posting!

But just in case. Covenants on the house will state a responsibility to maintain fencing. You tend to be responsible for the upkeep of the fence on one side of the garden. So yes its probaby the neighbours responsibility.

Apart from that what kind of irresponsible tw@ gets a dog and doesn't keep it under control.

I take it the house is owned by the neighbour and not the council or a private landlord?

we all agree he should control the dogs and what has happened is despicable.

but you can't force him to erect fencing if a) he doesn't want to

b)he says he cant afford it

c) he may be incapable of doing it.

if we were all realists we would know the op is on a hidiing to nothing.

the guy could say it was an accident,he tried to stop the dogs etc etc - at which point with no proof,the op has made the relationship worse & the cops will just leave him alone.

the only potential is the council.

otherwise it's a question of "getting your own back" and getting on with your life.

i'm glad it wasn't me,'cos deep down i think i'm Sicilian.

You're right about the fence, but wrong about the excuses. It's still damage that the dog owner is liable for, although I suspect that starting court proceedings would probably not be the smartest way forward at the moment.

Well, I certainly can relate to this post ! I think I'm becoming a Sicilian-wannabe too.

I laid down new gravels in my garden, and one side's neighbours would let their dogs run wild in my garden and poo absolutely everywhere. There's nothing more disgusting when you're doing some planting to find something smells, and your hand is full of dog muck ! >.< !

The other side of the fence, that neighbour is even more despicable. She opens the door which divides our gardens and let her cat wander and poos in MY garden. I saw her once doing this through my window, but I didn't say anything. As if it telling her off would've made any difference at all.

If I had the money, I too would've put up fence and take down the pivot, but it'll cost me hundred of pounds. It's things like this which makes city living VERY attractive.

put a lock on the gate, and chuck the dog turds back onto your neighbours garden (just outside their back door).

I cant see what's to stop the OP asking Environmental Housing for advice about how to handle the neighbour's and their totally unacceptable behaviour.

I'd also have reservations about reporting them if they're on the dole, without an indicaiton that there are grounds for doing so. For a start they'd instantly suspect you and I very much doubt they'd give you the benefit of the doubt. It is then likely to result in an escalation of animosity and acrimony which I hope is the last thing you'd want.

There are some bad neighbour sites on the net and I'll see if I can find a link for you later on but got to go now.

Go to your local reptile shop and buy a tube of 100 black crickets - they're used to feed spiders and lizards.

Then feed them through his letterbox. Pretty soon, he has 100 trimphones all chirping away in his house, and the best bit is that they're really hard to kill, even using insecticides, they breed like mad and they get under the floors and behind the walls.

It won't fix your garden, but you'll feel better for it.

Oh - and get some laxative chocolate from the chemist and throw it over into his garden near where the dogs go - he'll love having the inside of his house covered in dogmess.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You are a star :thumbsup: