What's the funniest thing you've seen at a sporting event?

Was reminiscing with a friend about going to watch football matches and i remembered a game at Blundell Park home of Grimsby Town FC, when captain Mark Lever had gone up for a corner (he was a central defender) and scored with a good header but momentum forced him to collide with the post. He quickly got up and ran to the Pontoon end to celebrate with a Vic Reeves style rub of the legs before collapsing and getting stretchered off with concussion. He recovered but not in time to carry on with that game. But still, managing to put off concussion until he'd finished celebrating....!

Without doubt...it has to be...Sheffield United Football Club. :)

Lee Hendrie (Aston Villa)trying to clear the ball, swinging his leg missing and catching Fitz Hall (Southampton) square in the twig and giggleberries, every bloke in the Holte End simultaneously took a deep breath. Not nice.

Was reminiscing with a friend about going to watch football matches and i remembered a game at Blundell Park home of Grimsby Town FC, when captain Mark Lever had gone up for a corner (he was a central defender) and scored with a good header but momentum forced him to collide with the post. He quickly got up and ran to the Pontoon end to celebrate with a Vic Reeves style rub of the legs before collapsing and getting stretchered off with concussion. He recovered but not in time to carry on with that game. But still, managing to put off concussion until he'd finished celebrating....!

That brings back memories (I was stood in the pontoon at the time), although I don't remember him being captain.

Without doubt...it has to be...Sheffield United Football Club. :)

thats rich! especially if you support Wednesday!

Me ... A Women Arsenal Supporter In The Stand Of Sufc!!

Got to be di-canio pushing over the ref Alcock shear class of backward running and falling down

a league game a couple of months ago where a defender tried to bycicle kick away from his own goal . the ball hit him plum in the face and went in the net. fantastic own goal. :hihi: :hihi:

Wednesday's Peter Springett sticking the nut on Leeds' Jimmy Greenhoff who had go off and have several stiches in a nasty gash.

Amazingly none of the officials saw it so Springett was not even booked

I remember a few years ago when Wednesday were playing Man U at Hillsborough, the ball went out for a goal kick in front of the Kop.One of the stewards down there retrieved the ball and threw it back to Peter Schmeichel, but because he didn't throw it exactly where the great Dane wanted it, he just stood there with his hands on his hips shaking his head in admonishment at the steward.Of course, this brought much hilarity from the Kop, as you can imagine:hihi:

1970-71 season

Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane.

Blades 2 Wednesd*y 2

On comes King John Tudor as a sub.

King Tudor gets the ball and takes a shot on the net and Peter Grummit (Who I rank right up there with Gary Sprake ) Forgets to close his legs (could have drove a double decker bus through 'em )and the ball goes right through them and the crowd goes mad

BLADES 3 owls 2 and the Blades are on there way up to the 1st division :D

Regards CB