Wheelie bins emptied once a fortnight

We have a green bin (garden waste and cardboard) emptied once a fortnight.

We have a blue tub (tins/glass) and blue bag (paper) emptied once a fortnight.

We have our black bin (general waste) emptied once a fortnight.

We used to full our black bin in a week. Now we don't fill it in a fortnight. There is no issue with hygene, rodents or smells as the bins are designed to cope with this.

There are 2 adults, 2 kids and a dog at our house. We have had this system for 2 years now - we don't have a problem.

I am also going to get myself a third bin (small one) so that I can seperate all the plastic out and take that to a plastic recycling place - reducing our black bin waste by approximately a further half.

Call me self righteous, but I am very happy to be doing all I can to help keep the planet a nicer. healthier, greener place for my kids to grow up in.

I'm sure a small amount of work from everyone is worthwhile in the long run isn't it?

Well said.

we are starting this scheme next month and I for one am looking forward to it.

All I hear from neighbours is doom and gloom. Lets see.

what am i supposed to do when i clean the garden (remember ... 3 dogs) its un-recyclable .... do i have to have a bag of sh*t sitting in my garage (thats located off my kitchen) for 2 weeks:gag: ?????? or do i have to do a 10 mile round trip daily to the tip to dispose of it!

I think it would be a good idea to introduce another bin for people with dogs, A "Brown Bin" for all the Eartha Kitt. :thumbsup:

lets face it. the uk is the worlds biggest bin. everyone dumps their crap on us.week in week out.

Thorpe Hesley is in Rotherham. This is the Sheffield (not the Rotherham) forum.

And at a guess that's why it is in general discussion and not general sheffield chat

why not flush your dog s**t down the toilet??

has no one thought of this? it's where our c**p goes!

why not just dump your dog's s**t on the pavement near where i live? Seems like every other dog owner does!

Thorpe Hesley is in Rotherham. This is the Sheffield (not the Rotherham) forum.

Thorpe Hesley is located on the bundry of sheffield, rotherham and barnsley.

is it some kind of sin to visit sheffield forum unless I'm in the centre?:loopy:

BTW ... I'm born and bred sheffield!!!!!!

________

Honda PC50 history

Edited by pinklady

Thorpe Hesley is located on the bundry of sheffield, rotherham and barnsley.

is it some kind of sin to visit sheffield forum unless I'm in the centre?:loopy:

BTW ... I'm born and bred sheffield!!!!!!

I know where Thorpe Hesley is..... it's in Rotherham, as I've already stated.

My point about your location is that other posters appear to think you are referring to Sheffield City Council. In your OP, you didn't state you were referring to Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council.

Many councils are going for it. Doncaster as well after a trial apparently was successful. Dubious in the extreme though the Mayor said this week the true reality of the situation when apologising for the spy cameras in the trial areas.

"The new scheme may take some getting used to but the financial (and environmental) benefits far outweigh any initial reservation residents may have."