Jimi Hendrix at City Hall 1967

Do you recall the Flotd set lists?

You must of read Mason's Inside Out too I bet.

sorry but a lot of years have passed since then. I think that they must have played their first 3 singles and tracks from Piper at the gates of dawn, but I do remember them playing Inerstellar Overdrive.

As for Mason's Inside Out, not got it yet as I am in the middle of reading Joe Cockers Biography. I must write to Santa for it:hihi: :hihi:

I was going to say that I thiught a female solo singer was also on the Hendrix gig called Sharon Tandy (wonder what happened to her), she had a moderate hit out called stay with me baby.

can't recall her, she's not listed in the programme

been trying to find out more about her on the web, but nothing about any tour with Hendrix. I'll keep looking

Copy of my post from guitarist thread.

There's a tale about Jimi Hendrix who played at The Troutbeck Hotel in Ilkley in 1967 which is on the Crossbeck Rd road where my son now lives. He had just achieved first success with Hey Joe and 700 people turned up to little more than a pub venue and police shut it down during second song. Hendrix was last seen having fish and chips at Harry Ramsdens in Guiseley. Wish I'd been there. (gig not Harrys)

Apparently he played at International in Leeds night before and only about 12 people turned up;

sorry but a lot of years have passed since then. I think that they must have played their first 3 singles and tracks from Piper at the gates of dawn, but I do remember them playing Inerstellar Overdrive.

As for Mason's Inside Out, not got it yet as I am in the middle of reading Joe Cockers Biography. I must write to Santa for it:hihi: :hihi:

I'm sure you'll love it. Lots of great details:)

Hendrix concert was on 17th Nov '67

the line up was

Outer Limits

Eire Apparent

Pink Floyd

Move The Nice

Amen Corner

Hendrix

compared by Pete Drummond

. . . and I was told that The Move blew Hendrix off the stage.

I went to both The Who and Jimi Hendrix shows in '67 and if there was a volume contest, the 3 piece Hendrix Experience won it hands down. Still got ringing in my ears 40+ years later.

I bought my 12/6p

- (65p) ticket by postal application from Booking Agents - Wilson Peck.

I attended the “Second House” on Friday 17 November 1967.

I think that the first band on was The Eire Apparent followed by The Outer Limits. Then came Pink Floyd. I remember them playing “Careful With That Axe, Eugene”.

Next up was The Nice followed by Amen Corner.

I recall  that these bands played for 15 minutes - time for just two, or thee numbers.

The Move were given more stage time - perhaps as much as 30 minutes.

The finale was Jimi Hendrix Experience who played for about 45 minutes.

I remember a girl climbing on to the stage near the end. She was removed by security after she embraced Jimi. In the scuffle to remove her from the stage, I noticed she’d left one her high-heeled shoes behind. I often wondered how she managed to get home that cold November night with just the one shoe or, like a latter-day Cinderella, she managed to retrieve it!

What a concert that was!

Years later, it was particularly satisfying to see most of the support bands rising to stardom.

On 20/08/2010 at 11:58, Treatment said:

. . . and I was told that The Move blew Hendrix off the stage.

SharonTandy