So who wants to walk 22nd, 23rd or 24th of September?

I'll be coming to this one. Where are we actually meeting, assuming we don't bump into each other on the 51?

I'll be coming to this one. Where are we actually meeting, assuming we don't bump into each other on the 51?

Meeting across the road from the terminus, about 50 yards up, where there is a bridleway sign. I'm sure we'll all spot each other anyway

Well that was rather successful and enjoyable! Six humans plus one dog and a couple of rather nice pints to finish the day off.

Thanks to all who came!!:thumbsup:

sunday 24th 1pm

A circular walk around fox hagg, wyming brook, headstone, redmires.

Car drivers can park in the car park at the Sportsman Inn on Redmires Road.

Bus types get the 51(?) to Lodge Moor terminus, the walk begins on the opposite side of the road about 50 yards up from the bus stop.

Should take 4 ish hours but can be made longer with extra turns. Finishes in Pub

ANY TAKERS???

PM me if any other details needed

Still looking for ideas for Saturday

Hey thanx to Taxman for a fab walk, and the Strix's for much appreciated lift home. Learnt lots about how to look after pets today, and also why you shouldnt buy bagless Vacuum cleaners. A most educational walk :thumbsup:

Will put snaps online tomorrow night...

Apologies for the late start :blush:(parkway roadworks, mutter, mutter...)

A fabulous day, sunburn, sore feet.... Great :D

Brude is exhausted (now sleeping on sofa :D )

we are so glad we joined this group, else we'd have gone back to bed this morning having seen THAT rain :mad::hihi:

A lovely day, including one of my favourite spots, Wyming Brook. Here are the better half of my photos. Some of them looked perfect on my computer screen, but disintegrated when I tried uploading them to photobucket. I don't know why. So no dead rabbit, beautiful logs and fly agaric. :(

My pictures

They're best viewed last til first! I wish I'd picked up that sheep's skull...

Nice Pics Purdy :)

My faves are your trees and sunlight - oh, and the water ones too :)

I think stone and tree is a bit special

Lovely pics, Ms PurdyA. I liked the leaves in shade, tho the water on the waterfall worked well too. And lots of other good un's too!

Re the sheep's skull - my friend used to collect them on walks and take them home (she walked with a bin liner specially for the purpose) to put on her front window windowsill, facing outwards. She said it worked a treat to keep the kids in the street away from her car! (Personally, I reckon it was the witch's broom she kept propped up against the bin that did it.....) ;)

A very enjoyable walk, thanks Taxman for coming up with that one; great to meet Grissom and Mr Strix for the first time.

and Brude of course, good to see the disobedience classes are working so well.

He's a Beagle :rolleyes: They come like that ;) just a nose on legs :roll: