So who wants to walk 22nd, 23rd or 24th of September?

I don't want to get lost on the moooors! Maybe I'll just leave it til next time - unless you're going to come up with a cunning plan.:)

I don't want to get lost on the moooors! Maybe I'll just leave it til next time - unless you're going to come up with a cunning plan.:)

If you were familiar with the area it would be a doddle. The whole place is just a series of circular paths. If you knew someone who could come with you or if someone else fancies just doing half the walk then I reckon you'd be OK

Sunday looks good. Don't have a dog, but do have a 5 year old.

Excellent! New blood for the group!:thumbsup:

Excellent! New blood for the group!:thumbsup:

That makes it sound like we do child sacrifices on pagan millstones, or something. :suspect:

That makes it sound like we do child sacrifices on pagan millstones, or something. :suspect:

Well we have done the cemetary and there's the force feeding of poisonous mushrooms walk to come :hihi:

Tartempion: the only 'membership requirement' is that you come on a walk! Once you've done that (and undergone the initiation ceremony ;) ) then you're a full-bloodied member!

sunday 24th 1pm

A circular walk around fox hagg, wyming brook, headstone, redmires.

Car drivers can park in the car park at the Sportsman Inn on Redmires Road.

Bus types get the 51(?) to Lodge Moor terminus, the walk begins on the opposite side of the road about 50 yards up from the bus stop.

Should take 4 ish hours but can be made longer with extra turns. Finishes in Pub

This sounds like a nice walk, but the thing is ive not been very well this week and will probably be spending most of this weekend catching up on some sleep! I'll see how i feel on Saturday.

btw i forgot to say before, I dont have a car so I would be one of your bus types! How many others here would be going by bus?

This sounds like a nice walk, but the thing is ive not been very well this week and will probably be spending most of this weekend catching up on some sleep! I'll see how i feel on Saturday.

btw i forgot to say before, I dont have a car so I would be one of your bus types! How many others here would be going by bus?

I'd be going by bus. The walk's not at all difficult, is clearly marked and closeish to Lodge Moor bus stop for those who want to just do a bit then dip out half-way through

I'm a bus person. Presumably, given the sunday timtable is sparser, we'll end up aiming for the same bus.

Have just visited the First timetable page. There is a bus (51 yellow line) that leaves Arundel Gate at 12 04, reaching Lodge Moor at 12 25. There is also one from Arundel Gate at 12 24 getting to Lodge Moor at 12 45. There's also one that gets there at 1 05 but that would make us late. :nono:

Sunday looks good. Don't have a dog, but do have a 5 year old.

Does said 5 year old come with mud proof clothing? ;)

*eyes 'pretending-butter-wouldn't-melt' beagle on sofa* :suspect:

Will be going along on Sunday... hope weather is as nice as yesterday's walk !

Saturday 23rd

In the absence of other suggestions I'm going exploring. I'm going to go and buy a map this lunchtime then on Saturday I'm going to get a bus to somewhere like Baslow or Bakewell then I'm going to mooch around checking out routes, scenery and tea shops.

If I find any worthwhile walks I'll file them away for future reference.

Anyone who wants to come and potter about with me let me know

Just had a nice "billy no mates" wander from Fox House to Baslow.

Saw plenty of interesting Fungi in Longshaw then headed out over Froggatt, Curber and Baslow edges then down into Baslow where I found I'd missed my bus. Never mind, an excuse for a pint!

At £3.50 return fare I think this is a bargain and I may include it on our list of walks to do!