Anyone go to top rank in the 70s

did anyone use to go dancing at top rank in the mornings/affternoon in the 70s...

Do you mean the saturday morning ones? If so yes I did

Do you mean the saturday morning ones? If so yes I did

Frankie, did I take you with me ????

nice to know you're still around me old mate !!

Shaun

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I went tuesday evenings in the 70s, probably 73 to 75. Me and my mate came all the way from Rawmarsh and I had to leave at 9.30 as my dad was outside parked across the road waiting for us.

I used to go on a Saturday morning around 1974/5 ish until they upped the age limit to 14. Tiger Feet by Mudd always reminds me of those days. We would don our long dresses and mum would put me some blue eyeshadow on. Remember drinking slush puppies there.

yes i went there when i was about 15 i can remember dancing to woolly bully :hihi: :hihi: and got drunk on 3 slushes :hihi: :hihi: ah; the good old days :thumbsup: .

yes i went there when i was about 15 i can remember dancing to woolly bully :hihi: :hihi: and got drunk on 3 slushes :hihi: :hihi: ah; the good old days :thumbsup: .

i use to go there 70 71 72 even 73 met my first hubby there phil bennett. he was great dancer with tinted glasses and long hair.

before meeting him though we use to drink barley wine followed by babyshame and had to be home by 11, just as every one was comming in. got drunk then sick. got home tried to look sober and smell sweet. thats proberly why i thought i was dancing to bully bully and when i talk about this song noone knows it. now i know why! dah

i use to go there 70 71 72 even 73 met my first hubby there phil bennett. he was great dancer with tinted glasses and long hair.

before meeting him though we use to drink barley wine followed by babyshame and had to be home by 11, just as every one was comming in. got drunk then sick. got home tried to look sober and smell sweet. thats proberly why i thought i was dancing to bully bully and when i talk about this song noone knows it. now i know why! dah

Oh those Barly Wine and Babysham days, I can feel it now :gag:

I used to go on a Saturday morning around 1974/5 ish until they upped the age limit to 14. Tiger Feet by Mudd always reminds me of those days. We would don our long dresses and mum would put me some blue eyeshadow on. Remember drinking slush puppies there.

Ah that brings back memories. I used to go on Saturday morning with friends and we thought we were so grown up. Tiger feet by Mud, coo ka choo by Alvin Stardust bring back memories. Those were the days.

Ah that brings back memories. I used to go on Saturday morning with friends and we thought we were so grown up. Tiger feet by Mud, coo ka choo by Alvin Stardust bring back memories. Those were the days.

I used to go, and these were among my fave songs too. Happy days! Pity they don't have anything like that for teens today.

I used to go to the Top Rank Suite every Tuesday night to the under 18s night. Then later on Saturdays. My mum used to work there when it first opened as a Bar Supervisor and my dad was the Floor Manager.

Some good times were had at The Top Rank.

This threads back some memories :D !!

My husband used to work there as the electrician on both Tuesday evenings and Saturdays mornings (as well as other nights). He'd started as a 'bouncer', but moved over as the electrician when the vacancy arose.

One comment I'd make is that slushes could not make you drunk on these sessions as all the alcohol bars were closed as they were under 18 sessions, so shorty558, you must have taken alcohol in yourself :D .

Also, Stars and Mayfair were nothing to do with the Rank :huh: , they were the suites above the Skates - Top Rank was on Arundel Gate across from the bottom of Norfolk Street. The building went on to become a church at one time, but I think is just empty now as it would be very difficult to knock it down - it is built on top of the NCP car park!!!!

Did anyone else work there in the early 70's and remember any of the Bob's who were there - I think there were five or six at one time :hihi: (including my husband).

I also worked there in the early 70's but behind the bar, not on the under 18 sessions as there was only the snack bar open athose times.