Urban secrets UNOFFICIAL walks

Inspired by Taxman's walk a couple of saturdays ago, I've been wondering if there are any other green space walks we could do within the city boundaries!

Does anybody have a walk near them we could try out?

I think I've identified a good route round Woodhouse (most of which we walk, in bits), starting at the station/52 terminus, heading across the firestation playing fields, cross beaverhill rd, through the woods, round the back of severnside, down parallel to the A57, cross into stone lane, through the nature reserve (we can take in or leave out Birley Spa as we see fit), pick up the trans pennine way for a bit, cross beighton road, through another nature reserve, and pretty much back alongside the railway.... to the junction pub :D

see here but you'll need to zoom in a bit ;)

What have you got on your doorstep? :)

There is or was a walk from Hollinsend Intake down to Woodhouse through Normanton Springs.

Also down by the back of Handsworth Church down to Beaver Hill Rd, which perhaps could be included.

hazel

I'm sure with a bit of imagination loads of interesting walks could be devised by someone (else). It may not be open Moorland but I've wondered around the East End of Sheffield before looking at the industrial bits. If we had any historians on here I'm sure they could come up with some walks taking in a bit of Sheffield's cultural heritage.

Well I'm already offering up my local green patch - see the thread on the General Cemetery!

Five Wiers walk to Meadowhall (not so green), then back along the canal. :)

hi there is anything going on for sunday, and if so would the dog be able to come along.... if not its not a problem.... :)

cheers

the dronfield rotary walk is just outside the city boundaries and is a decent walk

Well I intend to do the 5 wiers then the canal shortly.

I could start a thread but I doubt its serious enough.

Noises have been made about Woodhouse for Sunday :)

Dogs essential ;)

Sounds like a cool walk. Count me in ! Don't have a Dog though, so I'll have to bring my camera instead :P

Not heard of woodhouse before but it's just over the page on the A-Z from where I live so going to walk there - if I dont turn up you'll know I'm hideously lost and in Scotland or somewhere :P

Off topic for one second... I heared that the brook on Parson Cross, between Wordsworth Avenue and ...well right to Meadowhall is part of the Pennine walk.

Is this bull?

Off topic for one second... I heared that the brook on Parson Cross, between Wordsworth Avenue and ...well right to Meadowhall is part of the Pennine walk.

Is this bull?

Do you mean the Pennine Way? That starts at Edale.

So yes, jabs, it's one of these.