Anyone Remember Nibbits

I forgot to say that if we were really lucky and dad was feeling well of we got a packet of billians I think they were called, a triangle of cheese in silver paper a small onion and 4 round buscuits, anyone remember those in fact, anyone remember the Atterclifffe Rads. Sad to say it`s just a derelict shell now and must confess to a tear when I walked amongst the ruins a few weeks ago.

Loved Nibbits - had my first packet in 1951 or 1952 - and hardly touched crisps after that.

Also Billian's cheese, biscuits & onion too - lovely pub snacks.

I knew someone who was a friend of the 2 owners of Billians - she told me they were called Bill & Ian so they put their names together to create the firm's name.

we were talking about nibbits the other week... Dad used to always fetch us a packet home when he'd been to the pub....back in the 70's

It was back in 50's buying them from the pub Off License. Never been able to get anything remotely similar since:( Even as I am remembering at this moment I can honestly taste em!!!!:loopy:

Not loopy at all every now and again you got a really burnt one in a bag my favourite :hihi:

I loved Nibbits too. In fact once they had a promotion on where if you sent in so many empty packets they sent you a snake hand puppet. I duly sent the packets in and back came a really amazing puppet which I had for years.

Really loved Potato Puffs too.

The only thing is whenever manufacturers bring back a product it is never the same as the original. Nothing different would be acceptable we want the original taste and shape.

BRING BACK NIBBITS & POTATO PUFFS.

Well, the good news is that they still make Nibb-Its. The bad news is that you have to go to Holland to buy them..:|

Nibbits .......:love:

And what about Burtons Potato Puffs,use to get these coming out of Upperthorpe baths around 1960

Weren't they called nibbits wheels, for some reason it sticks in my head, not much does.

Weren't they called nibbits wheels, for some reason it sticks in my head, not much does.

Never heard them called wheels, they weren't even round.

I think they came after the original flat ones.Weren't they shaped like a spoked wagon wheel?

I think they came after the original flat ones.Weren't they shaped like a spoked wagon wheel?

Yes they were & yummy