Is there anybody using Freeview in S8 Jordanthorpe without any problems?

Officially S8 can't have Freeview.

Is there anyone who is using a Freeview box without any problems in Jordanthorpe?

Really!! :confused: so no TV at all in S8 once the signals are turned off!!!

Surely they must be some mistake !!

We've got a freeview box.. (we're not Jordanthorpe but we're not far off)... some of the channels work.. 80% of them maybe.. although we are high up compared to some of the areas around here

My mates mum has all the freeview channels and she lives next to meadowhead school so it's not impossible, my mate lives round the corner from her and can't get anything at all. You should be able to get it, you might need a new aerial, i did.

Really!! :confused: so no TV at all in S8 once the signals are turned off!!!

Surely they must be some mistake !!

BNot as yet.. the problem is that, because of hills, parts of Sheffield, such as Intake get their signals from the Belmont Transmitter the other side of Lincoln - and the signals are too weak to get here with a fll range of channels on digital TV (or analogue C5, either).

The local Crosspool Transmitter or Emley Moor can't be received in many parts of SE Sheffield.

Hopefully, when analogue is switched off, the power of the digital channels can be increased.

Some people on jordanthorpe can see the tip of the unstone reapeater station If you change to his transmitter you may be ok any forummer done it yet if so information please. this wont apply to all the houses on jordanthorpe but its worth checking

we are in s8 and son has freeview upstairs no problems at all

i live on lowedges and my daughter has freeview in her bedroom.my sister also lives on lowedges and she has freeview.have no problems at all.

My parents live on Jordanthorpe and they can't have it, they had to get Sky instead.

it all really depends where you live in s/8 some can get some cannot even a distance of fifty mtrs can make a difference

Yeah woodseats gets a great signal, ive got freeview and its fine.