General Cemetery walk and tour-Sunday 17th at 1PM

Thanx for the tour Purdy - it was fab :thumbsup:

Who were the people making ghost noises whilst we went past the Catacombs ? Hope they were part of the tour :P

Photos I took are in the General Cemetery folder on my website at http://www.rtapper.plus.com in case anyone couldn't make it and wants a gander

Took a few more pics on way back through the Cemetery so there may be photos of things we didn't see on the official tour for the unofficial walk :P

Fab meeting fellow forummers and ex-Lurkers, let's hope more come out on future walks :)

Great photos, as ever! Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Grissom, those photos are beautiful. I especially love the unusual viewpoints - the chapel spire is wonderful, and the Firth railings really look as fresh as lipstick, like I said! The monuments look so serene with the green trees around, especially the Nicholson Monument. I also noticed that the vandalised relief of George Bennet the Missionary now looks like he's caught in a nuclear blast!

And if you look at the script on the first, 'angel' gravestone, it says 'Beloved wife of Joe P... :suspect:

The cemetery trust would I'm sure love to see your photos, and even use them if you were amenable to that, or at least have copies as part of the archive.

And Blip, I didn't even notice I was using the word oozing. Sounds like I'm in denial of something Freudian... :blush:

Glad u like the pics ! May have overdone processing of some pics if they look like they've been nuked :(

If they do want copies of the pics to use then PM me the snail-mail address and who to send them to and I'll post them on a CD :)

And Blip, I didn't even notice I was using the word oozing. Sounds like I'm in denial of something Freudian... :blush:

Ahem. Quite possibly...

Glad u like the pics ! May have overdone processing of some pics if they look like they've been nuked :(

If they do want copies of the pics to use then PM me the snail-mail address and who to send them to and I'll post them on a CD :)

No, no, you misunderstand! It's not your processing, it's the effect of the vandalism making the fresh stone look white against the weathered blackened bits. That's what it looks like in real life, I've only just been struck by the 'flash' effect it makes. :)

Will contact you about the pics and the cds. Thank you very much for your offer. I'm sure the trust will be delighted. :thumbsup: