General Cemetery walk and tour-Sunday 17th at 1PM

Hello everyone! Just had a nice stroll round the block...

Regarding parking, there should be space on Cemetery Avenue or Stalker Lees Road.

Anyone can come along, lurkers included :P and you don't have to put your name down, just turn up! :)

*sulks*

Somebody has been inconsiderate enough to have a new child, so we're going visiting tomorrow :(

*sulks*

Somebody has been inconsiderate enough to have a new child, so we're going visiting tomorrow :(

Can't they stuff it back in for a day or two? Some people are so selfish. :hihi:

Well that was successful and enjoyable, thank you Purdyamos for organinsing it. A pint to finish with was an added bonus.

I'll leave Purdy to do a list of attendees if she wants to.

I think we had a great afternoon. So lucky with the beautiful sunshine. I hope my droning remained interesting, and I hope everyone thought the cemetery was lovely. This is the list of 'tourists'. I apologise heartily if I've left anyone out:

purdyamos, taxman, Shsheff, Blip, Feargal, Andrea, Altus, Grissom, Nooka, Edd Tracie, Patchy, and a woman with blond hair I can't remember the name of (sorry!)

It's a pity we didn't get top see Mick's flat. We could have stopped at the office and seen some old photos and things, but never mind. The pint of ale was waiting at the other end of Eccy Road. :D

An excellent afternoon thank you Purdyamos! I've decided I rather like lurking around in graveyards.:thumbsup:

By the way, I think our blond friend's Forum-name is Bambi!

An excellent afternoon thank you Purdyamos! I've decided I rather like lurking around in graveyards.:thumbsup:

By the way, I think our blond friend's Forum-name is Bambi!

Thank you! Is that Bambi? Hi Bambi! :wave:

Thankyou Purdyamos, it was really interesting and you certainly deserved that pint after all that talking! Just such a shame that some of the statues and ornamental monuments have been taken or vandalised. Nice to meet some new people too! :)

Yes, the other forummer was indeed Bambi! :)

Thank you very much for a fantastic tour Purdy - it was really interesting and I had a great afternoon :D

I'd like to add my thanks to Purdyamos for the tour today.

It was nice meet you all and to be able to put some faces to names as well.

Thanx for the tour Purdy - it was fab :thumbsup:

Who were the people making ghost noises whilst we went past the Catacombs ? Hope they were part of the tour :P

Photos I took are in the General Cemetery folder on my website at http://www.rtapper.plus.com in case anyone couldn't make it and wants a gander

Took a few more pics on way back through the Cemetery so there may be photos of things we didn't see on the official tour for the unofficial walk :P

Fab meeting fellow forummers and ex-Lurkers, let's hope more come out on future walks :)

Thankyou very much Purdyamos. I was educated and enlightened by your walking presentation. And we were so fortunate with the weather, weren't we?

I agree with Nooka, it is a bit depressing that so much damage has been caused by vandals and thieves. You can only hazard a guess what beautiful bits and bobs and angels and things were once standing proudly on the now stumpy bits of those monuments. At least, thanks to you and your friends, it seems that there will be something remaining for living people to enjoy in the future. So, well done!

ps. You are very fond of the word 'oozing', aren't you?