General Cemetery walk and tour-Sunday 17th at 1PM

Yes, I don't have many ideas, then two come along at once!:D I think all the chaps should wear straw boaters and blazers, and the ladies can wear flouncy frocks*.

* Oops, looks like the ideas thing has run it's course. :|

Can we go punting on the River Porter too? :hihi:

I'll bring the Pimms, old dear :)

Would be up for the extra walk. Not sure about dressing up though :P

Picnic sounds fab. Any excuse for a Scotch Egg or a sausage roll :thumbsup:

The walk sounds like a great idea Purdy, well done.

We shall be there.

Can we bring the pup?

Would have loved to come, but going on holls..... dam..... will keep a look out for the next one....

Kriss

There's a tour of the cemetery on the first sunday of every month, KK. Just turn up at the gatehouse at 2 pm.

Olliekitten, it's fine to bring the dog!

God, I'm getting a bit nervous now! I'm spending this week cramming the cemetery's history books so I sound like I know what I'm talking about. Any bird, tree, flower or fungus spotting is strictly Taxman's department!

Well this has pursuaded me to come out of my hiding place, so I'm going to give it a go - I would be really interested in joining in with this one if I can find my way there - will get my A-Z out. The picnic sounds good too.

Just checked the weather for tomorrow on metcheck.com (usually very reliable) and it forecasts a dry day tomorrow, just slightly cloudy (a bit like today really!) :clap: I'm really looking forward to the tour - big thank you to Purdyamos for suggesting / organising it! :thumbsup:

There should be a dozen of us, at least (anyone lurking still welcome to turn up!)

I've been thumbing my histories and marking things on a map. Looking forward to it. It's difficult deciding which stories to leave out - it's going to take five hours at this rate! :hihi:

I'm bringing my friend, so that's a baker's dozen Purdy!

What's the parking like down there? I'm going straight from work, so reluctantly have to go in the car... not very walker-ish I know. It's not all permits and that malarky is it?:confused:

<delurks>

Hello everyone. I'm going to turn up as well - possibly bringing someone else along if she's finished doing other stuff.

I am quite interested in this tour too if its not too late to join. :)