General Cemetery walk and tour-Sunday 17th at 1PM

Pah! I laugh in the face of coolness. Obviously.;)

Put me down too! Not sure it's Mr Strix's cup of tea, so he can probably do a walk with The Hound, whilst I come with you guys :)

Thanx 4 all the info Purdyamos ! Sounds like a fab place to go at night :P

Sounds like a fab place to go at night :P

You'd not believe the shenanigans we've had in that place - especially at night! We've had everything from satanists to graverobbers to homeless to law students doing grafitti (!) to nicking the lead off the roof! Mick the resident warden has been specially commended by the police because since he moved in and started his patrols (even at 3 in the morning) there have been 90 arrests! Although saying that might make it sound like it's full of criminals, and it's really not. :)

There's more information HERE. If afraid the website needs some surgery as it's a bit rusty and out of date. It also looks splendid on Google Earth.

It looks like the best bet for a tour is Sunday afternoon. Is 1pm OK for folks? I mentioned the meeting place is at the gatehouse off Cemetery Avenue, over the Porter. I'll keep leaking info at you over the next few days, as I'll forget half of it on the tour itself!

Would have loved to come, but going on holls..... dam..... will keep a look out for the next one....

Kriss

Ok, nonnas it is then :P and I'll bring Brude - we can hog their front terrace :D

Yikes... How did I miss this :suspect: It's a great idea Feargal - count me in! :clap: Nonnas sounds good too - is it worth asking them to reserve a table for us or shall we just try our luck? (I have no feel for how busy it is likely to be on a Sunday)

Although I've never been to Nonna's it always seems extremely busy, most particularly on a Sunday, so if that's you're intended caff, I strongly recommend booking.

Well, even if we haven't got a set time that we can book Nonno's for, there are lots of nice shops on Ecclesall Road to "build" a picnic from, then if the weather is as nice as this weekend, we can lounge about in the park!

Well, even if we haven't got a set time that we can book Nonno's for, there are lots of nice shops on Ecclesall Road to "build" a picnic from, then if the weather is as nice as this weekend, we can lounge about in the park!

Actually I really like this idea. It could be more of a "social meet" and those that don't like meeting in pubs can come along and have a bit of a picnic and get to know each other.

*selects picnic blanket and blows dust of coolbox*