Can anybody recommend a good company for double glazing?

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good all round window company

Had a quote this morning for nearly £6000 and i only live in a ground floor maisonette!

Heard so much bad stories about the usual ones Safe style Etc don't know what to listen to now :help:

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good all round window company

Had a quote this morning for nearly £6000 and i only live in a ground floor maisonette!

Heard so much bad stories about the usual ones Safe style Etc don't know what to listen to now :help:

We used Global. They were terrific ! Good price, no pressure & fab fitters

Fox Window Systems.

01142 2852876 Penistone Road.

Good and cheap. I can recomend them. They have done all my windows for years.

Got to admit Global no hassle when your buying or after not like some.

Sheffield Windows. Phone them, they come round, quote you, and that's the last you hear from them unless you want the work doing. Top quality work as well.

Yorkshire Windows are pretty good. Had them work on two houses now and done a great job both times. Had a few niggles after and they fixed things pretty quickly

We've had quotes form the following in the last week to replace 11 windows (white auPVC nd nothing fancy) in our 3 bed detached...

Anglian - Extortinate price, wasted 1 1/2 hours of our time with a pathetic presentation, gave the sales pitch of discount if we do this, that or the other. Should have been wearing a mask and riding a horse. Completely unprofessional as his girlfriend was sat in their parked car outside the house reading heat magazine with her feet on the dashboard. Didn't trust him whatsoever.

Sheffield Window Centre - Really nice people, very helpful. 10 yr warranty. 11 weeks to fitting after survey.

Yorkshire Windows - Mid price range. Salesman was ok

Weatherglaze - Crazy sales guy :loopy: , nicest windows, 10 year warranty, FENSA etc etc. Cheapest price. Approx time to fitting 5 weeks.

We've chosen to go with Weatherglaze and our survey is tomorrow.

Word of warning, be careful what they all tell you about closures and the new building regs, check out FENSA and the Planning Portal for all the details you'll need.

Hope this helps"

thanks for the info looby...really helpful...the quote i had this morning was from XL windows and conservatories.gave me some waffle the bulding regulations, FENSA ETC appararently they get their work from word of mouth...just thought it seemed really expensive. Will give Weatherglaze a ring

Yorkshire Windows are pretty good. Had them work on two houses now and done a great job both times. Had a few niggles after and they fixed things pretty quickly

I will second this,have used them twice - mid price, no pressure and an excellent, finished product. Niggles (only caused by slight settling) are dealt with very professionally and efficiently. Our salesman was great his name was Anthony. About 6/7 weeks from original quote to fitting, both times.

thanks for the info looby...really helpful...the quote i had this morning was from XL windows and conservatories.gave me some waffle the bulding regulations, FENSA ETC appararently they get their work from word of mouth...just thought it seemed really expensive. Will give Weatherglaze a ring

Try Global too they were realy good, and their frames are not just plain they are slightly moulded, look really nice. I can't for the life of me remember how much ours were to do but we had 2 x BIG bays 2 x doors 1 x french doors & 7 x normal windows and it was definately under 7k

No problemo. Another thing is, check how long they've been trading for, some say they've been going for x number of years, but check on companies house website if any previous companies has dissolved etc.

Oh and we had a quote from Coral windows too. Wasn't all that impressed with them either. They too were mid range in price. The guy was coming from Leeds and he was really late.

I'll let you know how we get on with the windows.

BTW both Weatherglaze and Sheffield Window Centre have really good showrooms - SWC is up past West Bar roundabout. Just after a set of traffice lights going up the hill.

Weatherglaze are just off Penistone Road. You'll see the showhouse on the left if you're drving towards Hillsborough. Turn left at the lights and then left again. They're down the 2nd or 3rd dead end road.

Good point about companys going bankrupt and starting again. There is a company that has been praised by a couple of people on here that went bust over 7years ago owing money to suppliers, they took one word out of their name and carried on as normal. A friend of mine worked for them and he got ripped off. I would like to add ive never heard anyone have a bad word to say about SWC.

My advice buy Trade and get a good fitter. It will save you a lot of money.