Broomhill Residents Parking Scheme - Success?

yup working....

Shop takings down already...

And your source is?

People aren't just stopping to pop in and get a sandwich...

They are now driving by and not stopping...

Source - the cash register...

Ahhh....so the shop that YOU run is suffering. Not the whole area, then.

I can't speak for the whole area... and wouldn't dream of extrapolating the failure (or success) of the whole scheme from such a small sample.

To do so would be foollish, naive, and misleading

Can I just ask what is being done to stop shoppers parking on resident's own private drives?!

I live in the centre of Broomhill (Turners Lane) which does not require a residen't parking permit as our rent includes our own private drive in front of the house. However, since the parking schemes have come into place, I have come home from work to find some shopper (or more frequently, a Bank of Scotland employee) parked on my drive in front of my house! And to add insult to injury, usually get angry when I say it's private property and ask them to move!

Is it legal for me to buy a private clamp and charge for release to put people off doing this (as I do rent the drive as well as the house)

Ideas anyone???

probably legal, but i'm not sure.

you could get one of those bars that you lock in place at the front with a padlock...

Or leave carpet gripper out (you'll know to move it when you get home) any unfortunate space stealer won't.

Kate.E

Could you block them in? I reckon they'd only do it once then.

Why? That flies in the face of all common sense if people are driving past all those empty spaces outside your shop.

Where is your shop? What do you sell? How much are takings down by?

My observations in the area today indicate that there are more available parking spaces than normal.

Maybe all those cars clogging up the streets belonged to residents...

Are there any unristricted spots near to northumberland road and elmore road? this would be helpfull to know, so I can pass the details to other parents who need to do a drop off. Thanks :)

Small section on Elmore Road near junction with Moor Oaks Road. Unrestricted on Northumberland Rd from junction with Marlborough Road towards Crookesmoor Road.

Well they are the ones with the permits, so that's more than unlikely ;)

How often have you stopped and just popped into a shop - but been deterred when you need to find change, put it in a machine, go back to your car etc etc?

It is a lot easier to find a shop that you can stop outside and pop in to get a sandwich without having that hassle, or without having the potential parking ticket

haha yeah I did block someone in once and they weren't very happy bout it! Trouble is, the last thing you want when you get home from work is to have a confrontation with a fat old grouchy bank of scotland area manager! Whereas if I put a clamping message in my window and clamped them they'd not have a leg to stand on (as long as it's legal to do that)

Cyclone - i'd love to stick some carpet gripper down - but unfortunately damaging other ppls cars is definitely illegal(!) plus it'd pop their tyres so they'd be outside my house even longer ;-) bummer!