How far have I walked?

Just had a gorgeous, if slightly painful, walk round Derwent, which was beautiful, in spite of some heavy showers. :love:

Parked at Ashopton, then walked up the side of Ladybower, across the bottom of Derwent then all the way up and round to the very top, and back down the other side.

Can anyone tell me how far I've walked - it might make me feel better about my aching legs!

6 miles !!! :thumbsup:

If you did this route!

Well done BTW :thumbsup:

If you had worn a pedometer we would also know how many steps that was!!!

Oh Shiesh, I'm gutted - it felt like more than 6! ;)

Thanks though!!

Edit: I MUST have done more, because that route involves a bus to cut out the road walking, and I did all that as well. Ah, that makes me feel much better!

You certainly walked more than 6 miles feargal! The route supplied by Shiesh starts at Fairholmes, not Ladybower!

You need to add on the extra mileage round the extra reservoir! nobikejohn reckons it's at least 14 kilometres if you've done the complete circuit, i.e., approx 9.1/2 miles.

Well done! :thumbsup:

(Not proving your age by any chance are we? :hihi: )

Thanks though!!

Edit: I MUST have done more, because that route involves a bus to cut out the road walking, and I did all that as well. Ah, that makes me feel much better!

Its always terrible when you go out for a nice long, knackering walk and you feel really good about what you have achieved only to discover the 12-13 miles you think you've done is actually 7-8:hihi:

Don't forget though that miles walked over hills and dales with varied terrain count more than "normal" miles

Well thats what I tell myself at least

Thanks though!!

Sorry hun, I stand corrected - you are quite right that walk is nothing compared to what you did!!!

:thumbsup:

Did you take photos feargal? (Not because I doubt your word :hihi: just because it'd be nice to see your pics!)

:)

perhaps we should start a SF walkers Photo thread because they all look really fantastic and it would be nice if they're all in one place.

perhaps we should start a SF walkers Photo thread because they all look really fantastic and it would be nice if they're all in one place.

An excellent idea! I think Shane-D-Pain mentioned some software 'we' (but not 'me', I'm far too technically innocent) could get hold of, which (I think) would enable us all to upload pics onto one place under one title.

If we don't do that, then I guess we're stuck with what we have at present, which is individual forumers posting links to their own online albums.

Technical comment most welcome!

Posted a begging message here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140010 in the hope that someone can help us out here!

Did you take photos feargal? (Not because I doubt your word :hihi: just because it'd be nice to see your pics!):)

Oh, I'm not that technologically-minded that I have a camera! :rolleyes: It was lovely though, even with the rain coming in diagonally... still, I suppose one good thing about that was the very clear rainbows!