Where to go for lunch in the city centre?

Sadly despite being very popular the Olive Garden on Surry St has closed. Nearby in the Winter Gardens is Zoobies take away with some nearby seating. The paninis are good as is the coffee and cakes. The staff are nice and play good music.

If I want to relax in the city centre I go to the Blue Moon and eat and read the papers or there's Cafe 22 on Norfolk Row. You know, on the pedestrian bit between the Crucible and Fargate. They are very nice too.

Originally posted by Andy

I think what Sheffield needs is a KFC that's a bit more central than the one we've got at the moment.

By central, I mean next door to my work.

RPG, I find the boots meal deal better value than M&S and it's ever so slightly closer to the Cathedral tram stop...

I definately agree - i live for KFC's - have you tried Nandos? - Bit more classy and a bit more pricey but if your into your chicken i'd definately reccomend it!

Re the 'meal deals' try Deli France on chapel Walk - just down the side of USC its quite expensive but you can ge a meal deal for about £3.40 which you get a drink (hot Chocolate) a baguette (warm Chicken & Bacon mayo with mozz )and a pastry (choc Croissant). Thats my fave choice anyway!!

TRY THE MASHOUSE ON DEVONSHIRE STREET GREAT BRITISH FOOD. ALSO DO EXCELLENT BREAKFAST. FRIENDLY STAFF AND GREAT SERVICE.

lunch for me is either

fountain bar to lose all my money on the quiz machine (golden boot ggggggggggooooooooooaaaaaaaaaallllllll)

subway on division street (also opening by tkmax on friday the 18th)

somerfield (near the end of month much cheapness)

or deli schuss for the best chinese chicken around

Around Sheffield there are many very nice pubs that do very good value for money lunches IE Carvery for £5/£6.

When My Wife and I go Shopping in City Center or even Meadowhall, we have not found anywhere that even comes close to Pub Lunches.

Can anyone suggest anywhere?

Thank You