Where to go for lunch in the city centre?

All sandwiches pale into INSIGNIFICANCE when compared to Marks & Spencers large range. They are SANDWICH RETAILER OF THE YEAR and certainly deserve to be! The only thing they lack are baguettes but their various delicious wrap thingies are very nice indeed and have fillings you probably wouldnt even think of trying.

I love Marks and Spencers sandwiches... there's so much choice!! But sometimes I get bored of sandwiches. I hate the big American multinationals so I don't go to them. Sandwich sandwich on Chapel Walk do some great sandwiches too. Also if I'm in M&S and don't want a sandwich they do some great ready made salads too! What more could you ask for?!

Emma

Since I'm (going back) on the Atkins Diet, it looks like I'll have to supply my own lunch. I don't know ANY place that caters for Atkins Specific. I can however buy a chicken breast from Somerfield (opposite peace gardens) and a salad from Deli-Shuss.

:D

have you ever tried Cafe Malibu on London Road. They have wicked piri piri on baguettes. Good all they breakfast too.

Blue Moon Cafe by the cathedral for a huge veggie plate, the best value money for sandwiches is the one in Orchard Square, and Sheffield's finally got a Subway (Devonshire Street). Now we're truly the best city in the world...

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Since I'm (going back) on the Atkins Diet, it looks like I'll have to supply my own lunch. I don't know ANY place that caters for Atkins Specific. I can however buy a chicken breast from Somerfield (opposite peace gardens) and a salad from Deli-Shuss.

:D

dont become a skinny bouncer! I cant imagine youd scare many people off being skinny.

(but let me know if its works!)

The pie shop opposite peace gardens do yummy bread pizza's.

Make me go all gooey ;)

get ter t'chippy yer soft nancies

I'm on atkins damn it.. no chips, bread, potatoes, or carbs of anykind!

But I can have fried egg, bacon, sausage, steak, chicken etc!

Well I work in Derby so no one will be interested in where I go for lunch.......

However Double Dutch pancake bar in Orchard Square do some very nice smoothies and shakes..... they work wonders on a hang over!

Anyone know of nice city centre restaurant that has quick unobtrusive service and a pleasant atmosphere.

Not bothered too much on price, just location and ambience (i.e not frantically busy) - reaosnable food goes without saying right?

Cheers.

Not HaHa Bar then - was there on Friday and they had our order before we got there. Still took them 1.5hrs to serve - and they didn't have all orders right.

I'm sure you'll get loads of positive answers which actually help you.