Sign in to follow this  

Over run by weeds(of all sorts)

Dont know wether its the rain weve had,but Im over run with all types of weeds. I should be weeding now(Sun morn) instead of being on here.If I just left them them to die off,wouldnt that be easier, or do they have to be pulled up now ? Im just a lazy b********. :help:

The trouble with just leaving them is that it allows the little ones to get a good grip in the soil (think of those dandelion tap roots :o). It also gives the little blighters chance to set seed and so scatter their progeny all over your garden.

Get the fork and trowel out, pattricia :) .

The trouble with just leaving them is that it allows the little ones to get a good grip in the soil (think of those dandelion tap roots :o). It also gives the little blighters chance to set seed and so scatter their progeny all over your garden.

Get the fork and trowel out, pattricia :) .

I know your right,Hecate,and if I can tear myself away from SF I will do just that.Its a lovely sunny day any way,so I should be doing that rather than this.

If it's any consolation to you Pattricia, I love pottering around in my garden but I still get that sinking feeling when faced with a massive bed of weeds :(

I find that mentally dividing my garden up into sections helps - I can then decide before I start the dreaded weeding exactly what I want to achieve (i.e. today I'm going to weed all the flowerbeds around the pond). If I then complete that task, I feel like I've achieved something, rather than thinking that I have a garden full of weeds and I've only managed to clear a bit of it! :) It doesn't change the amount of work that needs to be done, but it does help you approach it positively!

Salt `em! thats what I do, i put salt on em and it kills them in a week or so plus it doesnt hurt any insects or animals.

Except slugs n snails, and face it, who needs those buggers around?

Salt `em! thats what I do, i put salt on em and it kills them in a week or so plus it doesnt hurt any insects or animals.

Except slugs n snails, and face it, who needs those buggers around?

Are you sure about this ,Jab ? Im going to need a lot of salt,but if it doesnt harm my daffodil bulbs that are underneath the weeds,it seems the perfect answer. :thumbsup:

Are you sure about this ,Jab ? Im going to need a lot of salt,but if it doesnt harm my daffodil bulbs that are underneath the weeds,it seems the perfect answer. :thumbsup:

Oh well if theyre in a flower bed then dont do it, I was thinking of patios and such.

The only way to clear a flower bed is to get digging.

The salt shouldnt hurt bulbs but its not quite worth the risk.