Rowlinson School 1976-81

me and lorraine gardener were in form j, mr holmes class, he was mad used to send mark gilmore to the shops for fags , can you imagine that happening now ?

There were some really weird teachers back then! It's a wonder we all survived and remained normal - well semi-normal! They'd lock them up and throw away the key now a days, keep telling my kids they don't know how lucky they are with their teachers, then I realise I'm starting to sound like my mum:help:

Both are to be demolished soon ! They have built a huge new school inbetween them on what used to be the playing fields. I have heard the new school opens Jan 2007 and the old schools will be demolshed thereafter. The land of the school nearest Jordanthorpe will be the new playing fields and it is rumoured that the land from the school nearest the roundabout ( Rowlinson ?) is to be sold off for housing.

Is'nt the top site going to be a car showroom and museum for GILDERS volkswagon dealership. Planning permission letters have been sent to people in the surrounding area

I went to Rowlinson between 80 and 85. Devastated to find my 'old' form tutor died years ago. She divorced her husband and married Mr Stokes.

me and lorraine gardener were in form j, mr holmes class, he was mad used to send mark gilmore to the shops for fags , can you imagine that happening now ?

Hah I remember Mark Gilmour used to go out with a blonde girl (cant remember her name but they went out for years) she was friends with Michael Johnson.

We used to call Mark Skidmark (I wont say why,bet you and lorraine know why though)

does anyone remember sarah hill, tina cadett, nicola stocks, becky rowe, sharon barker, lorraine gardener,rowlinson youth club was the place to hang out,

HI GIRLS,

Do you remember me from rowlinson school / youth club.

my name TRACIE TURNER.

Rowlinson youth club was the place to go back then. it was BRILL.

does anyone remember sarah hill, tina cadett, nicola stocks, becky rowe, sharon barker, lorraine gardener,rowlinson youth club was the place to hang out,

HI GIRLS,

Do you remember me from rowlinson school / youth club.

my name TRACIE TURNER.

left rowlinson 1975 went to youth club knew wayne kitson,rob kitson glenn froggatt,ros froggatt,nicky and clint ,margarret burrows,best looking girl eva was melanie crannage.

Oooo, just found this, i went to rowlinson 1979 to 1984 anyone else then?

yep. from 80 to 85!

Go on then, whats your name? I might know you :)

Aw that would spoil all the fun. How about we work up to it?

My form teacher was Mrs Pickering, sadly gone now!

My maths teacher for 3 years was Mr Fowler, now deputy head at Meadowhead School.

do you know where Janice Hambling/Pickering/stokes is now ?