Hi guys just got through to the last 32 in Britain for the Gordon Ramsey scholar comp

will be held on the 23rd of november at the birmingham NEC so fingers crossed should be fun :):thumbsup:

oooooooooooh well done & good luck, let us know how u get on :thumbsup:

Excellent stuff johnfarrar, congratulations. Can you tell us a little more about what you had to do to reach the final thirty-two?

basically put forward a dish of mine that we have on at the restaurant the show on jimmy butlers pork (pork farmer of the year ) a dish which shows different techniques of cooking and different cuts of pork just to show the versitility of pork and how under rated it sems to be , talked about my passion through the dish and then got called up last week to say ide be cooking in one of the 4 heats to get to the final on the 25th november

basically put forward a dish of mine that we have on at the restaurant the show on jimmy butlers pork (pork farmer of the year ) a dish which shows different techniques of cooking and different cuts of pork just to show the versitility of pork and how under rated it sems to be , talked about my passion through the dish and then got called up last week to say ide be cooking in one of the 4 heats to get to the final on the 25th november

Top stuff. Keep us informed. Will the final be televised?

It'd be (it is already!) a lovely advertisement for your restaurant if you get through to higher heats wouldn't it?

:)

for the restaurant yes ... hopefully would be nice to start getting people to realise were open and doing some nice carefully thought out food, soon as we start getting busier we can put some more extravagent food stuff on the menu and think about doing the tasting menu

That's Fu**king Great, you're Fu**king excellent, you know that (in the words of GR himself!!) Good Luck to you.:cool:

John can you put a hyperlink onto you log on for when discussing food. Where is your restaurant. What type of food is it? Are you the one putting Kobi beef onto the menu. If so, you could bankrupt me.

Good Luck johno mate ;)