Why isnt Chip and Pin in use in Co-Op Stores in Sheffield?

Not really related to this thread apart from the Co-Op link,

but after ordering 2 coffees at the co-op on friday I was given a sixpence in my change.

Might explain alot about the co-op or it might not :loopy:

Didnt tell them as I prefered the sixpence to the 5p i should have been given

maybe it will be a tanner next week :hihi:

At the co op near me they have the chip and pin things but they're covered with little plastic bags and clearly not in use. Hmmm... I might have to ask next time I'm in so I can solve this mystery... :huh:

Oh don't bother and they know nothing.I have asked at least once a month and got the same dumbfounded look and 'don't know'.

They have covered up the ones in our area with plastic bags.

He, he. I worked for Midlands COOP as a student a several years ago.

I loved the place, but it was always behind the times. :D

I ruled that fag and spirits counter counter every Sunday. It was carnage when somebody tried to interrupt me and the News of the World...

One day I'd like them to let me finish loading my stuff on the belt before they start ringing it up, and let me finish packing it before starting the next person's...

When I worked at S*******y's we at least let people get through unhindered - it was considered good customer service!

Maybe it the coop at Crookes took chip and pin it'd stay open longer on Sundays? Just a thought!

(Beauchief Coop takes chip and pin - let's hear it for middle class suburbia!)

Have to say Beauchief co op is a great little shop use it all the time.

Whetherspoons don't either.

they do now and they have the mobile chip and pin which you can take to the tables

Pizza hut still dont have chip and pin either (Hillsborough branch at least)

Can you believe that a company of that size still are not up to date with it?!?

Newfield Green Co-Op has it.

You still have to sign the receipt at the Waitrose petrol station, not sure about the store itself.

Pizza hut still dont have chip and pin either (Hillsborough branch at least)

Can you believe that a company of that size still are not up to date with it?!?

I don't think they'll ever get it, it's not in their Waitresses's interests to get chip and pin, cos it means less tips.

Talking about ropey staff in establishments - where did I see this joke the other day?

Young lad is called to the Jobcentre for interview, as he's been claiming benefit for ages...

"Why aren;t you working?"

"Well, I'm scruffy, spotty, with no people skills. I can't spell or add up either, and all I do is grunt at people"

Says the youth.

"No one wants me"

"Oh, don't despair" says the Jobcentre bloke.

"Macdonalds are looking for people JUST like you!"

There are different co-op 'societies' the Sheffield ones might be the ones not using chip and pin. The United co-ops (Heeley Green, Newfield, Hutcliffe Wood...) use their chip and pins.

B-R-A-I-N....whats one of those??? :confused::huh:

;)

The most organised CO OP I have ever been in is in Newquay. They open extra tills when queues develop etc. Now you may ask why is that so strange, surely somewhere there is CO OP's that are like this, what sets this apart is the location. If any forummers have been to Cornwall you will know that the Cornish are not the most dynamic people so laid back they are practically horizontal, in fact I would say they work in a different time zone. I am not saying this is a bad thing, in fact it's one of the little quirks you like about the cornish, which begs the question what does this say about most CO OP staff.

you cant use solo in debenhams tried last week could not believe such a big company dont accept it,and my little corner shop does.