Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

hi all i have just phoned monkey business up to find out prices here goes

under 1 free

1-3 £4.95

4-12 £5.95

adults £1 each

hope this helps everybody

Unless they throw in a banquet of bacon butties and Mary Poppins flies down to your house that Friday and babysits while you go for a drink, I won't be paying that.

Hi Skippy06 which place is owned by the people who own funzone?? Hope you are not refering to Kidz Kingdom as it is owned by 2 local sisters. They have a wide range of food available for a playcentre with all items always stocked.

If you read the posts a bit higher up you'll see Skippy was refering to Tots to Tens in Hillsborough. I like Kidz Kingdom. It always seems very clean and I find the staff friendly. Must confess we do tend to go to Runaround now though as I think it's easier having the toddler area all in one bit.

Unless they throw in a banquet of bacon butties and Mary Poppins flies down to your house that Friday and babysits while you go for a drink, I won't be paying that.

Pretty much my response, too :hihi::hihi:

hi all i have just phoned monkey business up to find out prices here goes

under 1 free

1-3 £4.95

4-12 £5.95

adults £1 each

hope this helps everybody

thats disgusting! I certainly wouldn't want to pay a fiver for my 2 year old, shes only just learnt to walk, and certainly can't climb around! I don't mind a pound or so for her to go in a small toddler area.

I hope by adults paying it means they can go on the equipment to 'help' their child! :hihi:

Mind you I don't know about these things, we don't go anymore as I'm sick of arguing why I'm not paying for a 4 year old to go in, when he's quite blatantly sat in a wheelchair. The last place we tried actually implied that we were making it up so we d save £3 :loopy:

Mind you I don't know about these things, we don't go anymore as I'm sick of arguing why I'm not paying for a 4 year old to go in, when he's quite blatantly sat in a wheelchair. The last place we tried actually implied that we were making it up so we d save £3 :loopy:

That's awful!

We had a less traumatic experience, though nonetheless argumentative, the rather full on woman charging for entry to Rother Valleys play space wanted to charge the 12 year old who was with me too, not just the two 3 year olds.

No matter what I said, she was adamant that she had to charge. I was just about to ask for the manager when she finally backed off, but somewhat rudely.

Something to keep in mind for anyone who goes.

The 12 year old is one of those 12 going on 20 ones, too old to play on an adventure frame in her opinion and had clearly said she didn't want to play on there. The woman also insinuated I was lying and that I planned to sneak her in unpaid so she could go and have a riot, since apparently that's what many people do. So she based her decision to charge me entirely on her own experiences, not on the child or my annoyed refusal.

I cant believe they would even try to charge you for your child when he is in a wheelchair. We would gladly welcome you at Kidz Kingdom where there would certainly be no charge and if you come on a Tuesday or Thursday at 11am (if he is not yet at school of course)we do parent and child activities free of charge.

Would be lovely to see you there.

Please consider Beighton lifestyle centre if you need a venue, esp good for a traditional party with musical chairs and pass the parcel type themes...contact the centre on 0114 2132160. Its on High St Beighton, has a community cafe, bookable rooms and compimentary therapists for you to book. We are a charity and have already hosted quite a few kids parties.

Yes, i was there on Saturday. It's a huge place! Bit pricey to get in though. £4.95 for under 5's, £5.95 for over 5's and £1 for adults.

Because it's big though even though it was busy it didn't seem it. Saying that, the queues for food and drink was just plain silly but apparently they are opening another drinks bar this week.

Lots for kids to do, as well as playing they had face painting, drawing and painting and crafts :)

does anybody no wot time it opens on a sunday thanks (monkey business) and is it alrite for a 12 year thanks

Has anyone been to Monkey Bizness at Centretainment?

At £4.95 entry plus £1 per adult I'd like to see if anyone has been. We usually go to Easy Tigers in Chesterfield, my little un is 19months, so we get to play inside all things with him, some other places we've been parents weren't really expected to participate so much, and the added bonus is that it's only £3.95.

If I'm going to pay £7 and maybe be limited to 90minutes if it's busy I'd better be pretty damn good!

Any experiences?

Thanks

CB

w.monkey-bizness.co.uk/about.html

If you look at the end of the Birthday party venure thread/soft play, which is a few threads down the page, people have talked about Monkey Bizness there. Most people have said they wouldn't go as the prices are too high but I think one person has been and commented on it.